* When in doubt ALL zombies are Romero zombies. And the author has said that he was heavily influenced by Romero so im going with that for now.Quote:
darbo, you aren't paying very close attention... Everyone who is bit dies very soon after, period. As has been pointed out, it doesn't matter that they are already "infected," the bite - and ensuing transfer of bodily fluids - kills you in and of itself. Once you are dead (either from the bite, or from any other cause), you re-animate as a Z.
That said, the little bitty cut from glass that had touched water (or whatever it was) that held a Z head NOT turning Michonne/the Guv is a pretty minor point, when you consider the following:
1) Michonne, with a gaping, open bullet wound in her leg, was DRENCHED in zombie guts. A ton of bodily fluids would have gotten into that huge, open wound.
The komodo dragons saliva has many diseases, but you can eat one (cooked.) because its NOT in the blood.
2) Many characters, but Rick especially when he was on his "Lori revenge killing spree," have had their faces literally covered in zombie gore. They eyes, nose, and mouth are all permeable membranes, and diseases get in through them all the time. It makes no sense that a bite can do it, but having the blood pour into your mouth cannot.
Blood doesn't contain "live" culture outside the host body or "zombie".
3) Who is mowing the lawn at the prison (and everywhere else, for that matter).
4) Why did Glen rip out the bones of the zombie to use as weapons, instead of the smashed up chair that he used to kill the zombie in the first place? (As an addendum, if these zombie limbs are so weak that they can simply be pulled off by a relatively small guy, they wouldn't be strong enough to support the zombies in the first place. As another addendum, why are the zombie's skulls made out of crepe paper? Seriously, the most dangerous weapon in TWD universe would be a dull pencil...)
This one gets me too, my girlfriend has an answer (Of course she would...) "the disease may stop the rebuilding of bone the way it obviously stops skin and muscles from healing." And i think it works, as good as anything else anyway.
5) HOW DID THAT ZOMBIE EAT LORI'S SKULL, FEMURS, AND PELVIS?!?! HOW DID 130lbs (I looked it up) OF LORI FIT INTO THE BELLY OF A 180lb "MAN?" WHY DID THIS ZOMBIE DECIDE TO DRAG HIS MEAL INTO A BACK CORNER TO EAT IT? BETTER AMBIANCE? (Ok, I'm a little worked up over that one, but it's just sooooooooooo stupid.)
Um....He was a competitive eater?
And Edward, I recognize your zombie bona fides, ( Why thank you!) but quit mixing media. There aren't Romero z's, * they aren't World War Z z's, they are TWD z's. Just as there are 100,000,000 different vampires, there are equally as many zombies. It isn't the difference between TWD zombies and other zombies that bothers me, it is the internal inconsistencies (and outright defiance of physics) that bothers me....
Also there are only 4 different zombies , Romero,runners,infected and magic/voodoo. (this ignores "alien" zombies because we all know they go to the alien sub not zombie!)