The Walking Dead - Page 2

The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by dbglock Grow your hair out a little more and you're a dead ringer for Andrea! LOL Yeah, I've watched since the first ...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Grow your hair out a little more and you're a dead ringer for Andrea! LOL

Yeah, I've watched since the first episode and got hooked early on. How about that "governor"? He's way spookier than any zombie. Be interesting to see exactly what he's up to besides serial killing and zombie sport.
    If it follows the graphic novels any, he is not going to be a fan favorite
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    If it follows the graphic novels any, he is not going to be a fan favorite
    If anyone think's he's bad, wait until Negan enters the scene. Makes the Governor look like Bishop Tutu.

PB2
    I don't think the Governor is a bad guy really. I think he's lost touch with reality and has another agenda. What that other agenda is we can only guess from what we've seen. I think he lost his family and has the brainiac trying to learn all about the zombies to see if there is anything that can be done to bring his family back. His obsession with that effort drives him to do things which others might consider wrong.

What I believe is the most interesting thing about the show is the attention to detail. Something as small as the main group calling the zombies "Walkers" and the town calling them "Biters" It's reasonable that two completely separate groups would come up with two different names for the same thing(s). There are a lot of other instances where that kind of attention to detail sets it apart from other shows. For a weekly TV show to have that kind of detail and production quality is unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    I don't think the Governor is a bad guy really. I think he's lost touch with reality and has another agenda.
    Ummmmm, yeah.... Might want to wait a bit before coming to much of a judgement call. His character in the novels is a bit, well, I won't spoil this for anyone.
    Last edited by OD*; November 12th, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Re: The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead - you mean night shift nurses :p

George
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Been hooked since the first season. I was extremely ticked off when Dish dropped AMC, but it came back in time for the 2nd episode of this season. AFTER I bought the season pass on the Xbox marketplace.

I'm still waiting to see if Carl actually shot Lori. They never showed her body, so I don't buy it yet.

His obsession with that effort drives him to do things which others might consider wrong..
    I guess I'm just old-fashioned where kidnapping, serial killing, and displaying your victims' heads in glass jars is concerned!

What I believe is the most interesting thing about the show is the attention to detail. Something as small as the main group calling the zombies "Walkers" and the town calling them "Biters" It's reasonable that two completely separate groups would come up with two different names for the same thing(s).
    Apparently there's no West Indies in this world, although there is an Atlanta. In the West Indies these creatures are called ... wait for it ... yep .. zombies! LOL

Apparently there's no West Indies in this world, although there is an Atlanta. In the West Indies these creatures are called ... wait for it ... yep .. zombies! LOL[/QUOTE]

Not in today's sensitive America. We'll have to call them 'Living Impaired' or, 'American Living Handicapped'. Whatever the PC police decide is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Been hooked since the first season. I was extremely ticked off when Dish dropped AMC, but it came back in time for the 2nd episode of this season. AFTER I bought the season pass on the Xbox marketplace.

I'm still waiting to see if Carl actually shot Lori. They never showed her body, so I don't buy it yet.
    I think Carl shot Lori. I also think, based on the comic books, that Lori is the one on the phone. Figure that one out

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Not in today's sensitive America. We'll have to call them 'Living Impaired' or, 'American Living Handicapped'. Whatever the PC police decide is appropriate.
    We can go with the PC term for "brain dead": neurologically challenged! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    I think Carl shot Lori. I also think, based on the comic books, that Lori is the one on the phone. Figure that one out
    I haven't figured out how they got phone service! I hope they're not bringing ghost crap into this.

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    I never thought I would watch a TV show about zombies, but I am addicted. I'm not as interested in the zombie aspect as I am the writers' take on an end of the world as we know it type situation. It sure makes you look at life's basic needs differently. Unfortunately, my wife can't take all of the gore so I have to watch it when she's not around.

It's a pretty sweet show. Television, although full of ridiculous reality garbage, has been great in the past decade. It's one of the few forms of entertainment or art that is really good right now. Music, movies, painting, theater, etc are all on the decline, but amc and hbo have been fantastic recently. The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and a few others have been truly fantastic.
    darbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    Unfortunately, my wife can't take all of the gore so I have to watch it when she's not around.
    It definitely is EXPONENTIALLY gorier than when it started. I think they're starting to see how much they can get away with. If they showed off-the-cuff C-sections and guys pulling out walker teeth with pliers on the first season a lot of people would have been put off. Now they know that we're hooked!!

I started watching at the beginning. Lost interest for awhile now back to watching.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links