The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I like turtles......

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

I like turtles...
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Television, although full of ridiculous reality garbage, has been great in the past decade.
    But you do like Top Shot, don't you? I mean, cutting past the ridiculous reality garbage and focusing on the shooting!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I don't watch many TV "dramas" and certainly not zombie stuff. I chuckle at the ammo that is boxed with a zombie theme and the lawyer print on it telling people it is NOT a toy for children.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    But you do like Top Shot, don't you? I mean, cutting past the ridiculous reality garbage and focusing on the shooting!
    Not really. I don't own a tv and haven't for years. I've seen episodes of top shot and it was ok, but it's still like the 20th Real World rip off in the past 15 years. I have had a fair amount of free time in the last year or show, and I've watched entire series on dvd or netflix pretty much straight through. I've never really blocked out time each week for shows that I "can't miss."

I have been following this season's Walking Dead as it comes out. I like this season more than season two. Episode 3 might have been the best of the entire series.

VIP Member
    How long do you think Rick will be crazy? Who's on the phone?

I love Carl. "Carl, you stay here". Next scene is Carl wandering off to random places.

I thought for sure the black girl (can't remember her name) was going to get shot in the back when she left the compound.

The Gov. is sinister. Something about his smile.
    NY27 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I love Carl. "Carl, you stay here". Next scene is Carl wandering off to random places.
    Somebody actually took the time to make fun of that and photoshop Carl into random places he shouldn't be... it might take a specific kind of humor, but I find it funny :D

Get Out Of Here, Carl!
    darbo and minimalbrat like this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I got hooked early but it seems to have become Lost, only with Zombies. We will see...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Ex Member
    Been a fan since day 1. Especially since the hero/leader Rick carries a wheel gun.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    That show is awesome! I think that the 3rd season so far is the best season. Also, can anyone tell me HOW everyone became zombies?

Guys, if you like the "walking dead" then you guys need to watch the "Talking Dead" at the end of the show. Great stuff on there as well.
    darbo likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Somebody actually took the time to make fun of that and photoshop Carl into random places he shouldn't be... it might take a specific kind of humor, but I find it funny :D

Get Out Of Here, Carl!
    Had to cast my "Best Carl" photo on the Clint Eastwood photo.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Great show.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Yep since the beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    I don't think the Governor is a bad guy really. I think he's lost touch with reality and has another agenda. What that other agenda is we can only guess from what we've seen. I think he lost his family and has the brainiac trying to learn all about the zombies to see if there is anything that can be done to bring his family back. His obsession with that effort drives him to do things which others might consider wrong.

What I believe is the most interesting thing about the show is the attention to detail. Something as small as the main group calling the zombies "Walkers" and the town calling them "Biters" It's reasonable that two completely separate groups would come up with two different names for the same thing(s). There are a lot of other instances where that kind of attention to detail sets it apart from other shows. For a weekly TV show to have that kind of detail and production quality is unprecedented.
    They were also referred to by another name by another group in season 2 I believe. I think "brain dead"? Yea I know I have a horrible memory! And that group thought "walkers" was a good name from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Been hooked since the first season. I was extremely ticked off when Dish dropped AMC, but it came back in time for the 2nd episode of this season. AFTER I bought the season pass on the Xbox marketplace.

I'm still waiting to see if Carl actually shot Lori. They never showed her body, so I don't buy it yet.
    They talked about this on the after show "The Talking Dead". If there is some sneaky plot the producer that was on sure did play up the idea that the zombie that Rick found that was so bloated was the zombie that ate her, Lori.
    I'm thinking it's Carol on the phone. Her body was never found. Oh I just had a thought...maybe that zombie ate Carol and it is in fact Lori calling on the phone! hmmmm the plot thickens!
    Yea I know it's a stupid TV show but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    How long do you think Rick will be crazy? Who's on the phone?

I thought for sure the black girl (can't remember her name) was going to get shot in the back when she left the compound.

The Gov. is sinister. Something about his smile.
    SPOILERS COMING, so don't read if you don't want things spoiled

In the comic book, Rick goes crazy for a short while, and the person on the phone is his dead wife. So, he begins to have delusions and it lasts for a little bit.

END SPOILERS.

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    I don't think the Governor is a bad guy really. I think he's lost touch with reality and has another agenda. What that other agenda is we can only guess from what we've seen. I think he lost his family and has the brainiac trying to learn all about the zombies to see if there is anything that can be done to bring his family back. His obsession with that effort drives him to do things which others might consider wrong.
    If the Governor we see on the show is anything like the Governor in the comic (and so far he is), then you'll soon have no doubt he's a bad guy.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links