The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by lchamp I don't watch many TV "dramas" and certainly not zombie stuff. I chuckle at the ammo that is boxed with a ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    I don't watch many TV "dramas" and certainly not zombie stuff. I chuckle at the ammo that is boxed with a zombie theme and the lawyer print on it telling people it is NOT a toy for children.
    I am just starting to get into reloading and was on the site last night and seen the lawyer print and watched the video. Wife and I laughed hysterically over that.

As far as the show goes, I watched my first episode last week and am hooked. Spent Friday night and Saturday afternoon watching season 1 and 2 on Netflix.

2. Remove Ads

Like I said, I only watch on Netflix and thus cannot watch the third season yet. I was totally nervous that the end of Season 2 was a 'jump the shark' moment with regards to the blond ex-suicidal girl her final scene. But I was only a little worried. I kinda trust the director on this one.

Watched Romero's 'Land of the Dead' the other day. Man, is it of lower quality than the Walking Dead.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Been a fan since day 1. Especially since the hero/leader Rick carries a wheel gun.
    In the books he carries a Sig 220 and for four whole pages slams Glocks and how he would never carry one. Says he'd rather use a spitball against a zombie than try to maim one with a Glock.
    JL and 1 old 0311 like this.

My family has been into it since day one.....

Me, having been underway or deployed overseas, I've missed nearly all of 'em. Last night while making a 'all-day' pot of gumbo I started watching season 1 and 2...

I'm hooked....DANGIT...
    darbo likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Most of my friends watch it, I almost have to to stay up with the conversations. It is far better written than 'Falling Skies", but they just cant seem to get rid of old junk cars when new ones are free. That old Triumph chopper Daryl rides is a zombie magnet, and sure break down at the worst time, although in the show it seems to be unrealistically reliable.
    Worth a reposting,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAQuLntqXY
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Been hooked since the first season. I was extremely ticked off when Dish dropped AMC, but it came back in time for the 2nd episode of this season. AFTER I bought the season pass on the Xbox marketplace.

I'm still waiting to see if Carl actually shot Lori. They never showed her body, so I don't buy it yet.
    Totally hooked on the show. Lori is dead. The zombie that Rick shot in the mouth and then stabbed in the abdomen apparently ate her. His stomach was bloated and he had her hair in his mouth.

Am I the only one who liked Shane. Aside from his interaction w/ Lori, he was the strongest character. He made quick decisions and kept the group safe. Rick was a little soft and wishy washy in seasons 1 & 2. He finally grew a pair in season 3. If Shane was still around in season 3, T-Dog and Lori would be alive and Carol wouldn't be missing. Reason being, he would have whacked all of those inmates immediatly. And anyone who watches the show knows that the skinny black inmate is the one who let all of the walkers into the prison.
    darbo likes this.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Our entire family is hooked, even though we live all over the Eastern US. We normally call each other about 10 to discuss, then get off the phone to watch TTD at 11. Ever go outside to get something out of the car after an episode and catch yourself looking over your shoulder?
    Jeanlouise and darbo like this.
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Just like I got hooked on Breaking Bad in season 3, I'm getting hooked on the Walking Dead and starting from season one on Netflix.

I even bought some zombie targets for range fun this weekend!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Somebody actually took the time to make fun of that and photoshop Carl into random places he shouldn't be... it might take a specific kind of humor, but I find it funny :D

Get Out Of Here, Carl!
    That is really funny! Thanks! Good ole Carl, he's everywhere!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    If the Governor we see on the show is anything like the Governor in the comic (and so far he is), then you'll soon have no doubt he's a bad guy.
    I guess the wall of aquariums with live Walker heads is some indication. His elevator definitely doesn't go all the way to the top.

You can't beat this guys videos, I thought this one in particular was befitting this thread ...... Good stuff :)

BritishAgent and Jeanlouise like this.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Anyone else hooked on this crazy show? I just started watching it this season, kind of by accident, and got drawn it.

Netflix has the two previous seasons and it's streaming so you can watch it whenever you want.

I'm not reading passed this first post as I haven't seen yesterday's ep yet....but

Stop watching the current season. Go back and start from the beginning. It really makes the story that much better.

VIP Member
    I don't watch it, but my wife won't miss an episode. I guess the fact that about half of the people I work with fall into the "walking dead" category has something to do with it!
    goldshellback and Jeanlouise like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Word of advice: Try to avoid watching any interviews with Andrew Lincoln (Rick). Hearing him talk with a British accent almost ruined his character for me.
    darbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    Word of advice: Try to avoid watching any interviews with Andrew Lincoln (Rick). Hearing him talk with a British accent almost ruined his character for me.
    I know! It's crazy! The same thing with House M.D. That guy sounds ridiculous with a British accent

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links