The Walking Dead - Page 5

The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Stirling XD Word of advice: Try to avoid watching any interviews with Andrew Lincoln (Rick). Hearing him talk with a British accent ...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    Word of advice: Try to avoid watching any interviews with Andrew Lincoln (Rick). Hearing him talk with a British accent almost ruined his character for me.
    Maybe, but he does an amazing "American" accent.

I love the show. I was hooked when I saw the previews. The special effects are excellent, much better than almost any zombie movie I've seen. The acting is top quality, and the writting is amazing. I love the fact that you never know when anyone will die. Sometimes valiantly, sometimes randomly and pointless. Lots of intrigue, but the part I enjoy the most is the struggle to maintain/redefine their humanity. The moral dilemas, the interpersonal dynamics, the survival aspects, all great. Love the show.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    You can't beat this guys videos, I thought this one in particular was befitting this thread ...... Good stuff :)
    That's another thing I like about the show! It seems like they've a fair grasp on the effects of firearms. When someone pulls a specific gun, I have a reasonable estimate of what the gun can do.

Until tWD, Hollywood preferred shotguns for zombies (and 7.62x51mm was the most effective anti-alien round). Now, it's obvious, you want something you can run with AND has lots of bullets AND can be fired with very little training.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    I have not seen otherwise sane people going this gaga over a TV show since they were trying to figure out who shot JR. I have never heard of this show - what channel is it on? Sounds like cable from some of the posts above - which could explain why I have never heard of it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    That's another thing I like about the show! It seems like they've a fair grasp on the effects of firearms.
    Kind of. In the very first episode, they have a road block set up. Rick tells some rookie, "Just make sure that you have one in the chamber and that the safety is off!" So the rookie looks at his GLOCK, checks the chamber which is empty then fiddles with the slide stop lever (an audible click is heard) and points it again. So I guess that the writers think that the slide stop lever is the Glock's manual safety.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Rick's a Brit? Good Lord. That's Rick, House, Jax on SOA, who knows how many other Brits play Americans on American TV. It's not like we don't have plenty of Americans who need work!

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Rick's a Brit? Good Lord. That's Rick, House, Jax on SOA, who knows how many other Brits play Americans on American TV. It's not like we don't have plenty of Americans who need work!
    Stephen Moyer, Bill Compton, from True Blood is a Brit and Ryan Kwanten, Jason Stackhouse, is from Australia. Like has been said it almost ruined the characters to hear them in their natual speech!

Makes me glad I cut off all programming 8 years ago. Not even an antenna.
    pgrass101 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I'm not reading passed this first post as I haven't seen yesterday's ep yet....but

Stop watching the current season. Go back and start from the beginning. It really makes the story that much better.
    I've been doing exactly that. I just finished the first season last night. It ends with the CDC in Atlanta blowing up.
    For any of you that aren't clear on how the whole thing started with the zombies, it's explained in that episode...sort of.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I have not seen otherwise sane people going this gaga over a TV show since they were trying to figure out who shot JR. I have never heard of this show - what channel is it on? Sounds like cable from some of the posts above - which could explain why I have never heard of it.
    It's on AMC (American Movie Channel) Sunday night at 9:00 est

The previous 2 season's are on Netflix.

It's pure fantasy but very entertaining.

I so wanted it to be Sue Ellen who shot JR, what a disappointment.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Its the ONLY thing i will watch on AMC. They have a habit of butchering movies for puritans. Example, taking the "N word" out of Mel Brook"s "Blazing Saddles", it changes the content and ruins the movie. Better to not show it than to destroy a classic.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    Lord yes. I get it on ITunes the day after. Of course it takes 24+ hours to download but it is worth it.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    In the books he carries a Sig 220 and for four whole pages slams Glocks and how he would never carry one. Says he'd rather use a spitball against a zombie than try to maim one with a Glock.

Wise man!

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post

Not just an American. He plays a Georgia LEO.

VIP Member
    Last night I was catching up on Netflix. I'm in season 2 on the episode where Carl gets shot and then operated on.
    I can't believe Shane shot Otis in the leg and left him for the Zombies! I know he had to get the medical supplies back to the farm but geez...that was awful. Couldn't he have at least shot him in the head so he wouldn't have to suffer. I'm disappointed in Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    It's on AMC. AMC TV -- The Walking Dead

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links