The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Every person in our family is watching this show every week. My wife was reluctant--could not get into the story line, until I bought the ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

Every person in our family is watching this show every week. My wife was reluctant--could not get into the story line, until I bought the first 2 seasons on DVD. Then, it clicked and she is now onboard--although the birthing of the baby episode was a bit over the edge and my wife almost walked away from the show.

Once in a while, you get some insight to the benefits of what items may have special value in a SHTF scenario.

Some of the choices that the characters make are perplexing; you'd like to think they would be making better decisions.

The Walking Dead is definitely one of my favorite shows on TV.
    Last edited by .45acpguy; November 20th, 2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: left out a word

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    When they played the previews for next week, did you hear them say, "mid-season finale"? What the heck does that mean? I've heard of a finale but a mid-season finale? Are they planning on taking a break during mid-season? We're into it, what? 3 or 4 episodes and we're already mid-season?

VIP Member
    Yeah, I did hear them say "mid season finale". I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Did any of you kind of laugh when Andrea stabbed Mr. Whats-his-name, Coleman? That scientist was just a little naive wasn't he?
    darbo likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Yeah, I did hear them say "mid season finale". I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Did any of you kind of laugh when Andrea stabbed Mr. Whats-his-name, Coleman? That scientist was just a little naive wasn't he?
    The show has an odd season. They would come back some time in Jan or Feb for another month or so.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Great stuff! And yes it's lame that they are doing this "mid-season" finale. It just ain't like the old days when the new season started in Sept. and ran till May.

The scientist was very naive. What difference does it make if the zombies remember a little bit about their previous life? That doesn't mean there's any hope of bringing them back. If anything it could possibly bring up some ethical dilema where some might feel its wrong to kill them because they have a remnant of humanity intact, etc.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    LOVE THAT SHOW! I actually found myself screaming "NOOOO, not T-Dog!! It also got me thinking about collecting seeds for farming in the event the SHTF.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Dont want to give away any spoilers, but I think Rick loses his right hand.

Mid season finales suck. I am looking forward to the second half of Breaking Bad's fifth season, also known as season six.
    mano3 likes this.

The Walking Dead

I remember when the previews for the show first started. Before the very first episode. I thought "how goofy. Who the heck is gonna watch that?" I ended up watching the first episode and from the first opening scene, I WAS HOOKED. Rick shooting a girl (zombie girl, of course.)in the head,,,awesomeness. Love the show.

Ace aka Ricky

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Glean is pretty hardcore. He took a good wooping.
    darbo likes this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Our little Glen is growing up.
    darbo likes this.

If there were a half dozen shows as good as The Walking Dead, TV would be awesome!

But instead of quality, we'll probably just get more imitators of the few really good shows.

They took a break last year too, came back after the Super Bowl if I remember right.

Love the show. Guess it wouldn't make for a very good show if they all just moved West where there ain't no walkers or humans either way.

Glen's walker fight scene taped to the chair, I think was the best of the show's history. He did good. Daryl's big choice is comin'
    darbo likes this.

VIP Member
    I hope this trend of the people getting beaten up and tortured is coming to an end. I don't mind Zombies getting killed but I don't like seeing real people getting killed. Ok, I know none of them are "real", but you know what I mean.
    darbo likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Links