The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wonder what would happen when big brother meets up with little brother...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I wonder what would happen when big brother meets up with little brother
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    The scientist was very naive. What difference does it make if the zombies remember a little bit about their previous life? That doesn't mean there's any hope of bringing them back. If anything it could possibly bring up some ethical dilema where some might feel its wrong to kill them because they have a remnant of humanity intact, etc.
    He is doing this at the Governor's request. The Guv is keeping his daughter "alive," if you recall, and wants to find out how to "bring her back" from Zombiehood. Finding out if there is any chance of them (her) remembering their (her) past lives would be of great importance to him. And nothing happens in Woodberry without his say-so.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Meth addicts = zombies
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Ex Member
    The 'Governor' went REAL far over the line making the young girl strip for him.
    darbo and Jeanlouise like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    You obviously haven't read the comics... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    LOVE THAT SHOW! I actually found myself screaming "NOOOO, not T-Dog!! It also got me thinking about collecting seeds for farming in the event the SHTF.
    I found myself yelling at the TV, get up Glen, kill the zombie! And then cheered when he shoved the chair leg into the zombies head!

Great show! been hooked since season 2. Great special effects!

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    You obviously haven't read the comics... :)

No I don't. Not in 50 years. Each to his own though. :):):)

VIP Member
    He's a real creep and I have a feeling this is the least of what he's capable of.

I didn't know he's keeping his daughter alive. I'm almost through watching the second season while watching the 3rd season.
    Maybe I'll finish watching it tonight. I really want to get caught up.

I've only read one graphic novel. My book club read it. It was really interesting and different.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Just sayin', if you thought what the Guv did in that episode was bad, you should see what he does in the source material...
    aceakarick likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar

The Governor is a very unstable man. I thought he was going to rape her the moment he walked in the room with her.

But the girl (I forgot her name) is pretty tough, I thought when he took of his gun belt, she was going to make her move towards it.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Why did I have to stumble on this thread!! I"ve been watching since S1E1. I remember seeing previews for the first episode and just going nuts counting the days down for it. Has got to be the best tv show ever made in my opinon.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Why did I have to stumble on this thread!! I"ve been watching since S1E1. I remember seeing previews for the first episode and just going nuts counting the days down for it. Has got to be the best tv show ever made in my opinon.

+1. I am NOT a TV person and haven't followed a series since Rocky and Bullwinkel, 40 years ago, but 'The Dead' is top shelf.

I'm conflicted. I can't wait for tomorrows show but then tomorrows show will be it until....well whenever! Next January or February?

My first thought: the governor should use a governor.
    1 old 0311 and darbo like this.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Links