The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looking forward to tomorrow night's episode. I hope we don't have to wait too long until it picks back up again. My guess is the ...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Looking forward to tomorrow night's episode. I hope we don't have to wait too long until it picks back up again.

My guess is the group will get caught and that way there will be some kind of suspense - a cliff hanger, if you will.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Looking forward to tomorrow night's episode. I hope we don't have to wait too long until it picks back up again.

My guess is the group will get caught and that way there will be some kind of suspense - a cliff hanger, if you will.
    I just saw a commercial/trailer and yes you can count on there being a cliff hanger!

Well I did not expect everything that happened tonight but then again, that's what makes it a good show - its full of things you don't expect.

I'm glad to see new characters come on the scene. I suppose when you kill half of them off, bringing new blood is only inevitable - no pun intended.

Now get ready to flame. I know this is a fictional creation but I found Michonne & the Governor's fight to be a little unbelievable. I know Michonne is supposed to be a bad "A" but the Governor is no pansy either. I think in a realistic scenario, 120 lb. woman is not going to come out when she's against a 200lb+ man that is enraged & highly motivated.

Kudos to Glenn for his makeshift dagger.

Great mid-season finale - I was literally on the edge of my seat.
    mano3 likes this.

VIP Member
    Well I did not expect everything that happened tonight but then again, that's what makes it a good show - its full of things you don't expect.

I'm glad to see new characters come on the scene. I suppose when you kill half of them off, bringing new blood is only inevitable - no pun intended.

Now get ready to flame. I know this is a fictional creation but I found Michonne & the Governor's fight to be a little unbelievable. I know Michonne is supposed to be a bad "A" but the Governor is no pansy either. I think in a realistic scenario, 120 lb. woman is not going to come out when she's against a 200lb+ man that is enraged & highly motivated.

I am going to have to think how to be polite......... but years ago I worked in a strip club. I have seen MANY 100 pound women put a guy on the floor in less than 3 seconds. An ANGRY woman who knows how to fight is nothing to mess with.

I don't want to spoil anything until everyone has a chance to see the show but yes I'm with you in that there were some unexpected events. They kind of need to bring in some new characters.

Agreed, Michonne is a tough lady but under the circumstances the governor was very motivated!

Yep Glen is a very resourceful guy! No need for flaming, there was one scene with Maggie that just PO'd me to no end. I just can't imagine that's the way someone would react under those circumstances. I won't point out the scene just yet.

It has been quite some time since I really yelled at the TV when watching something like this. I am into it for sure!

And now it's wait until February.

For those that want to get caught up or just watch again there will be a marathon on New Year's Eve and New Year's day.

Skill beats muscle every time, and anger is a weakens not a strength . Michonne is a trained martial artist, id bet on her every time.
    1 old 0311 likes this.

Governer: "Ouch! There's something in my eye!"
    darbo likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    I am going to have to think how to be polite......... but years ago I worked in a strip club. I have seen MANY 100 pound women put a guy on the floor in less than 3 seconds. An ANGRY woman who knows how to fight is nothing to mess with.
    Especially if the guy is expecting some other type of physical interaction!

VIP Member
    I EXPECTED the brothers, good vs. evil, to fight it out NOT, be captured together.

Great mid-season "ending"!

I really like how Carl is shaping up as a character.

Not to ruin it for anyone, but as I understand, most of what we're watching now is prologue for the "real" Walking Dead story as Carl as an adult.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Curious to see if the Gov realizes he's wrong about Merle the Pearl before it's too late. Knowing the Gov, my guess is he plans to have Merle and the brother fight to the death with the winner vanquished from the "tribe". Or maybe boiled in oil. Anybody's guess.

Presenting both brothers appears to create a major conundrum.

I am more concerned, however that Michonne grabbed that shard of glass from the aqaurium where some zombie heads had been marinating. I leapt to the conclusion that Michonne may have just infected herself with the zombie infection and, almost certainly, the governor having a major shard of that glass in his eye is also possibly infected.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post

I am more concerned, however that Michonne grabbed that shard of glass from the aqaurium where some zombie heads had been marinating. I leapt to the conclusion that Michonne may have just infected herself with the zombie infection and, almost certainly, the governor having a major shard of that glass in his eye is also possibly infected.

They have gotten a LOT looser with body fluids. Remember the first episode when Rick and the Black guy and his kid were killing 'Walkers?' They wore face masks. Now they used the same ax to cut the Vets leg off that just killed a 'Walker.' Guess it is easier to write into the script that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishAgent View Post
    Great mid-season "ending"!

I really like how Carl is shaping up as a character.

Not to ruin it for anyone, but as I understand, most of what we're watching now is prologue for the "real" Walking Dead story as Carl as an adult.
    That would make sense. From the preview it looks like Carl might be wanting daddy's position as leader. He suggests that it might be time for Rick to stop being leader - most likely because he wants the job.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post

That's a good guess. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Links