The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

This is a discussion on The Walking Dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone else hooked on this crazy show? I just started watching it this season, kind of by accident, and got drawn it. Usually I hate ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead

VIP Member

The Walking Dead

Anyone else hooked on this crazy show? I just started watching it this season, kind of by accident, and got drawn it.

Usually I hate any shows with gore or that kind of thing. I never watch them. I tried to watch "Silence of the Lambs" but could never make it through even once.

But, this show is about killing Zombies and I can't relate to a Zombie at all, so it doesn't bother me. I'm more interested in the special effects and the survival story line.

Netflix has the two previous seasons and it's streaming so you can watch it whenever you want.
    It's graphic in the extreme so No Kids Allowed.

Lots of self defense tactics and interesting interpersonal dynamics though.

Anyone on the board besides me watching?
    mano3, SIGguy229 and l1a1 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Is this the sequel to "The Grateful Dead"?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Lol, you haven't browsed the zombie threads, have you. Don't know if I could say "most," but a lot of us here are hooked. Brother in law gave us Season 1 on DVD right after it came out. The Mr. and I weren't really sure we'd be into it, but finished the entire season in one night and have kept with seasons 2 and 3 like glue. Have you gotten the opportunity to look at any of the comics?

AMAZING SHOW!!! Netflix has the first 2 seasons and you can get caught up. This season has me on the fence but its starting to pick up. It's got some good story lines and great effects.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Semper Fi

If you have an iPad, you have to get the grapic novel sets. It's up to volume 102 right now, and they are pretty good. The second season veered off from the comics and I guess they ended up scrapping most of the writers/producers because of the complaints. All in all, if you like the show, you'll love the comic novels. This is coming from someone who HATES comics books, and never read them as a kid. Pushed a kid down or two that did read them, but hey, it's all part of growing up, right?
    Jeanlouise and BritishAgent like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    Is this the sequel to "The Grateful Dead"?
    Har Har Har

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Lol, you haven't browsed the zombie threads, have you. Don't know if I could say "most," but a lot of us here are hooked. Brother in law gave us Season 1 on DVD right after it came out. The Mr. and I weren't really sure we'd be into it, but finished the entire season in one night and have kept with seasons 2 and 3 like glue. Have you gotten the opportunity to look at any of the comics?
    No, I didn't know there were Zombie Threads here. I'll have to look!
    I heard there were comics like graphic novels but I don't know anything about them. Are they produced by the same people who produce this show?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I just got into it this season as well. Thought about getting previous two seasons and watching, but just don't have the time. Are there cliffs-notes somewhere about the characters and the story?

Quote Originally Posted by ping.brady View Post
    I just got into it this season as well. Thought about getting previous two seasons and watching, but just don't have the time. Are there cliffs-notes somewhere about the characters and the story?
    Zombies take over the world. Everyone dies. Turns into zombies. People form groups. Someone inevitably dies and turns into the ubiquitous zombies. Lots of head shots and dirty clothes.
    You're up to date, now. Please don't forget to tip your waitress.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Really good show. I'm not into zombie movies or anything like that, but the show's story lines are pretty good.
    Jeanlouise and BigJon10125 like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Great show that though it is zombie oriented also delves into issues of morality, law, etc after traumatic events.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I quite like it, I only get it through Netflix.

The really scary part is that there's seemingly no 'hunker down and wait for it to blow over'. The zombies are going after game animals and livestock, too, which means that there's an ongoing ecological disaster and the world's only going to get worse and worse.

What I like about it is how sudden some deaths are. We tend to feel like 'main characters' don't die, just red shirts. Lol, you're in for a surprise then.
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yep, totally hooked. I think the girl with the sumurai sword has the right idea--it never seems to run out of ammo! The special effects are very well done.
    Jeanlouise and thephanatik like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yes we are addicted... I sacrificed the first half of Texans vs Bears last night for Walking Dead... Love that show. 8-1 by the way... Go Texans!

The wife and I bought seasons 1 and 2 and made a couple of weekends out of them... Now we can't wait for Sunday night every week.
    Jeanlouise and ErnieNWillis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Anyone else hooked on this crazy show? I just started watching it this season, kind of by accident, and got drawn it.

Usually I hate any shows with gore or that kind of thing. I never watch them. I tried to watch "Silence of the Lambs" but could never make it through even once.

But, this show is about killing Zombies and I can't relate to a Zombie at all, so it doesn't bother me. I'm more interested in the special effects and the survival story line.

Netflix has the two previous seasons and it's streaming so you can watch it whenever you want.
    It's graphic in the extreme so No Kids Allowed.

Lots of self defense tactics and interesting interpersonal dynamics though.

Anyone on the board besides me watching?
    Grow your hair out a little more and you're a dead ringer for Andrea! LOL

Yeah, I've watched since the first episode and got hooked early on. How about that "governor"? He's way spookier than any zombie. Be interesting to see exactly what he's up to besides serial killing and zombie sport.
    darbo likes this.

Totally. Im not a fan of zombie movies, but the morality issues that come up are IMO the things that a real post apocalyptic scenario will bring. This pretty much sums it up "Fight the dead, fear the living."
    BigStick likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Links