Wounded Warrior Project & Firearms - Page 2

Wounded Warrior Project & Firearms

This is a discussion on Wounded Warrior Project & Firearms within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sun, I agree. To potentially penalize wounded vets over a potential anti-2a stance(not been confirmed IMO) is something I won't do....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wounded Warrior Project & Firearms

Sun, I agree. To potentially penalize wounded vets over a potential anti-2a stance(not been confirmed IMO) is something I won't do.
    suntzu likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Shame on all of you. Does your life revolve around nothing but your guns? You should be ashamed that you would stop (or not even start) donating to an organization that has done so much for wounded vets, simply because they don't have a pro-2A stance on firearms. They are not anti-2A, and they don't make any efforts to restrict gun rights. But you know what they DO? They provide support for wounded vets. If you care more about guns than the brave men and women that have been wounded while serving this country, than you should seriously be ashamed of yourselves. How incredibly selfish.
    suntzu and mulle46 like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Wounded Warrior Project & Firearms

Wounded Warrior is far from the only organization that is rated highly and does good work. To imply that it is "Selfish" is not correct, it is being a good steward, and I do it annually . When I evaluate where and how I support organizations I look at all aspects of the operation. This includes political and core values. Charity watch.org is a great resource to use. I urge everyone as the year comes to an end to look at your giving and consider a donation.

Some of the Veteran related Organizations I support and have vetted:

The Fisher House

Hero Miles

Semper Fi Fund

Adaptive Adventures

The Mission Continues, Project Healing Waters

United Service Organizations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I personally know several Wounded Warriors,The WWP is about raising as much money to help our wounded Vets as possible.I won't be nitpicking on who they do or do not support,but who they help
    suntzu and mulle46 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

82.3% goes to the "program" In their last annual report the 82.3% came to $108,077.00. Then they start taking "expenses" out of the 108K for salaries, advertising, consulting, direct mail, etc, etc, etc. Check out their financial statement and you might want to skip paying their big salaries and give the money and support directly to a Vet. I'm not an accountant, but I know how to make sure the Vet gets 100%, not pennies on the dollar.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CBXMan View Post
    82.3% goes to the "program" In their last annual report the 82.3% came to $108,077.00. Then they start taking "expenses" out of the 108K for salaries, advertising, consulting, direct mail, etc, etc, etc. Check out their financial statement and you might want to skip paying their big salaries and give the money and support directly to a Vet. I'm not an accountant, but I know how to make sure the Vet gets 100%, not pennies on the dollar.
    from the pic you posted, 108m was raised, 89.5m went to vet programs, 13m+ to fundraising. Pennies on the dollar?
    pittypat21 likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by CBXMan View Post
    You might want to check those numbers. It's not 108k - it's 108 million. You most definitely are not an accountant. You made that pretty clear.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Here's another project worthy of your support - Welcome | Returning Heroes Home

They apparently are not offended by things firearms-related.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Administrator
    I honestly think that they are just being cautious as to what items get branded with their WW logo.
    They still do good work but, regardless if you are Yea or Nay on Wounded Warriors specifically...find some worthwhile organization and help out.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Shame on all of you. Does your life revolve around nothing but your guns? You should be ashamed that you would stop (or not even start) donating to an organization that has done so much for wounded vets, simply because they don't have a pro-2A stance on firearms. They are not anti-2A, and they don't make any efforts to restrict gun rights. But you know what they DO? They provide support for wounded vets. If you care more about guns than the brave men and women that have been wounded while serving this country, than you should seriously be ashamed of yourselves. How incredibly selfish.
    Wow. I wouldn't dream of trying to tell you how to spend your money. Where do you get off telling me how to spend mine? Having said that, just because one doesn't support one particular organization does not make one anti-vet.

I view this in the same manner as a "no guns sign." They don't want my business, so I'll take it elsewhere. As previously mentioned, there are many worthwhile veterans charities to whom one may give one's money.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Soldiers Angels and Valor IT are very good. Valor IT provides laptops with voice recognition software to injured soldiers who have hand injuries so they can type emails, etc. Both heavily vetted by the Milblog community. I also give to Wounded Warriors.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Update: Wounded Warrior Project reverses position,

The short version is that WWP now wants to allow GunTalk to interview a warrior to whom hunting "or the like" has played a part in his recovery. Tom said (paraphrasing), "That's nice, but that was last week's show. You are welcome to send a representative to discuss your policy on guns."
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Personally, I think their stand is hypocritical considering the folks they're helping we're wounded protecting our freedoms and rithts, including the 2nd Amendment.

Ya, I used a K instead of an M, but that doesn't change where they spend the money. Most of the money goes to cover expenses and the Wonded Warriors only get pennies on the dollar. Look at the list.

41.6M Media advertising
    8.8M Salaries
    5.5M Consulting ????
    8.6M Advertising
    2.7M postage
    4.6M Meetings & Events ???
    2.5M travel
    3 M Promotional items ???

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Shame on all of you. Does your life revolve around nothing but your guns?
    Last time I checked it's my money to donate how I please, at least until the government decides to just take it out of my check like everything else. I have supported many vets charities for years. I will continue to support those of my choice.

When a military charity denies a firearm related interview after using their logo on firearms, that makes news.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links