Did you learn something new today?-Fun thread about gun and other new things - Page 2

Did you learn something new today?-Fun thread about gun and other new things

This is a discussion on Did you learn something new today?-Fun thread about gun and other new things within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 I learned that I have to stop buy a lawyers office to pick up a turkey.....a live turkey The tough part ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Did you learn something new today?-Fun thread about gun and other new things

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I learned that I have to stop buy a lawyers office to pick up a turkey.....a live turkey
    The tough part will be picking one out...
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I learned it can be a good idea to stop and talk to the guy doing the mid week yard sale in the Food Lion parking lot. I noticed on the way to get my daughter that he had some camo. I stopped on the way back and bought a Naturalgear 4 in 1 insulated jacket and insulated bibs for $80. That's about $300 worth of gear. I'm trying them out in the morning.

Also got a little better with an adjustable groover, freehand groover, and awl on my leather holsters.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    I learned that a cordless drill with a socket adapter and socket is much faster than a hand crank.
    goldshellback likes this.

Re: Did you learn something new today?-Fun thread about gun and other new things

I learned today that helping young ladies out with flat tires earns you phone numbers. Such a concept, I know :D.

I've probably driven past 7 or 8 lasses before, but I stopped for this one today.

I shall do it more often. /oaf.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I learned that the mysterious "Sea People" wrecked Egypt's society, culture and economy in approximately 1200 BC by launching boat raids and marauding the coast. As much as I love history, I had never heard of them before.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I learned I CAN find shrimp (Whole frozen) in a VERY land-locked northern Asia country.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Thanks to "Suntzu", I learned that it is legal to can carry in a Texas church if there are no 30.06 signs posted which would prohibit carrying a concealed handgun.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I learned I cannot keep up with the posts on this forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I learned that my wife is glad she doesn't have that 15 year old "prepper" from the latest episode of Doomsday Preppers in her classroom...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The tough part will be picking one out...
    It took me a little bit to "get" that
    atctimmy likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I learned that very few Germans can pronounce the word "squirrel".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    I learned that very few Germans can pronounce the word "squirrel".
    Most Americans can't say herzkreislaufwiederbelebung.

I learned that Jeff Cooper's Commentaries are still quite informative and entertaining, even being nearly 20 years old.

Jeff Cooper's Commentaries
    goldshellback likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Another unrelated but related thing....I was making a gun cabinet today and for some reason I was wondering why the end of a tape measure (the hook part) moves slightly. Makes sense now, That way it can accurately measure distances when the tape is hooked to the end of an object or when measuring between objects.
    One other related matter. If the tape measure happens to get dropped and bends that hook in a bit, the tape measure will be off (reads longer) on outside measurements, but will still work okay on inside measurements. Not a big deal if you're rough framing something, but becomes quickly aggravating on cabinetry. Use a framing square to check that hook for accuracy.

What did I learn today? I'm thinking more and more about retiring and how hard it is to make that decision.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    I learned the electoral college meets on Dec. 17th this year. The president isn't officially the president till that date.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links