Vibram five fingers

Vibram five fingers

This is a discussion on Vibram five fingers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone else have a pair, pairs? Just got my first pair couple days ago and loving them so far. But definitely something to get used ...

Thread: Vibram five fingers

Vibram five fingers

Anyone else have a pair, pairs? Just got my first pair couple days ago and loving them so far. But definitely something to get used to.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Yup...I have a few pairs. Love them. I can't wear them at work and would rather go BF, but I do wear them when I can. I've had a hard time getting the right fit. I think FF should offer customs...be worth the cost IMO.

I'm building up those unused muscles first, but I will be running in mine in couple weeks. Got a pair of bikilia. They fit me well, but custom would be good also.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I've found that if I don't at least walk in the FF I get calf camps easily. In warmer weather I try to walk at least a mile or more BF a few times a week. That helps build up those muscles. Go slow...its all about building up the endurance.

BF isn't really an option near me,so vibrams next best things. I'll take it slow to build up.

I've always thought they were cool shoes, but not for me. I have extremely high arches so I wear custom molded orthotics in my shoes and if I do a lot of walking with regular insoles or barefoot (on harder surfaces anyways) my heels will start to hurt. When I first had issues in middle school I had x-rays on my feet and they found micro fractures in my heel bone. I bet a good foot "doctor" could fit those shoes up with something to give me even support but I'll stick with my New Balances for now. (Besides, NB still has shoe factories in Maine so I'm more than a little partial to them.)

Yeah, I can't go BF around town here either. While its a college town its rather frowned upon. If you're in your twenties and female you can get away with it. I do see a lot of folks or all ages wearing Vibrams. A guy at work wears them on Fridays from time to time. He's never been told its taboo, but it really is.

I have a pair and I love them, since I can't go barefoot it is the next best thing. I have high arches too, but they are really comfortable for me. I don't run in them at all though. I do walk in them and in the warmer months I hardly take them off at all. In the cooler months I just wear them inside or to run out and check the mail or take out the trash.

I have 3 pairs; 2 kso's and 1 bikala's and i love them.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

Was considering the Kso also, may still get it.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySkiBum View Post
    I've always thought they were cool shoes, but not for me. I have extremely high arches so I wear custom molded orthotics in my shoes and if I do a lot of walking with regular insoles or barefoot (on harder surfaces anyways) my heels will start to hurt. When I first had issues in middle school I had x-rays on my feet and they found micro fractures in my heel bone. I bet a good foot "doctor" could fit those shoes up with something to give me even support but I'll stick with my New Balances for now. (Besides, NB still has shoe factories in Maine so I'm more than a little partial to them.)
    I have the same problems. I bought the Vibram shoes,really cool but not for me. By the way,I called their corporate office with questions before I ordered, their recording pronounced the name 'Veebrum" I always thought the 'i' was long,guess I said it wrong all these years.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Veebrum? Hmmmm. Interesting

Sponsored Links