Myth Buster episode I would like to see

This is a discussion on Myth Buster episode I would like to see within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jamie: Well folks, we are here today to look at the urban myth that guns kill people. According the myth, guns have been killing people ...

Thread: Myth Buster episode I would like to see

Jamie: Well folks, we are here today to look at the urban myth that guns kill people. According the myth, guns have been killing people for hundreds of years. There are others though who claim that guns do not kill people, and today we are going to put this myth to the test.
    Adam: For our test we have constructed a room out of bullet proof glass. There is a metal table to place the gun on, and we have suspended a heavy sandbag from the ceiling on a pulley to hold the gun down until we can safely leave the room. We are going to place buster in the room w/ the gun and see if any of the shots would be life threatening.
    Jamie: Ok, here we go. I am placing the gun on the table and lowering the sandbag. I am now backing slowly out of the room and locking the door. Ok Adam, lift the sandbag.
    Adam: OK, Jamie here it goes (Adam lifts the sandbag).
    10 min later.
    Jamie: Well Adam, itís been 10 min and so far nothing has happened. Not only has the gun not even hit Buster, but it hasnít fired a single shot.
    Adam: Well Jamie, I thought something like this might happen. You are using a hunting rifle, and from what I understand, it is less likely to shoot a person as it is primarily for hunting animals.
    Jamie: And seeing as Buster is human shaped, it is not shooting him!
    Adam: That is correct Jamie. Since I was expecting this, I went out last week and bought an AK-47 assault rifle to test. These seem to be very aggressive and should give us the result we are looking for. Just to be sure it was good and mad for the test, I have locked it in a case, kicked it several times a day, and forced it to listen to RAP music (I threw in some Barry Manelow every now and then to get it really riled up).
    Jamie: Are you sure that is wise Adam? We donít want anyone to be injured.
    Adam: Jamie, I have everything under control. The gun is still locked in the case and I will have an assistant to help me place it on the table. We will also be using a bigger sandbag this time. So, letís do it.
    Adam and an assistant enter the room. They unlock the case; both of them grab the gun and place the AK-47 on the table as the sandbag is lowered onto it. They both slowly leave the room and lock the door.
    Adam: Ok Jamie, I think we are ready to raise the sandbag.
    Jamie: Here we go, Iím raising the sandbag.
    10 Min later
    Adam: Well Jamie, I amazed at this. I thought we would have better results with this gun. Not only has it not hit Buster, but it has not even moved.
    Jamie: Itís like it doesnít even care that he is there. Maybe if Buster moved or something.
    Adam: Iím not sure if that would even work Jamie. I am thinking that these guns just donít really care about shooting people at all, and to prove it once and for all, I am going in there myself.
    Adam runs into the room and in front of the gun.
    Jamie: Stop Adam, youíll be killed.
    Adam: See Jamie, I told you. Even after all I did to this gun this week; it still doesnít want to hurt me. I think this myth is ďBustedĒ
    Jamie: I agree, this myth is ďBustedĒ. Stay tuned next week when we tackle the myth that spoons made Rosy OíDonnell fat.

(I guess being away from my family the last year has given me more time than I thought )
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    If they thought guns were really dangerous, they would have disclaimers on the screen before the show even started, while they say don't try the experiments at home. Apparently, no one on the show is anti-gun because they all get a kick of the trigger time they get even the vegitarian chick. As safe as they are on the show they have had enough weapons instruction with the range officers to know a gun isn't going off by itself, thus it isn't worth a segment.

Granted it would be great to see, especially if they were invited on say the "View" for a guest appearance.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

i dont care if she is a vegitarian.....she is hot =O) not to mention not a complete airhead which makes it even better =o) oh yeah and she likes to shoot guns. I think i am in love......lmao

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    i dont care if she is a vegitarian.....she is hot =O) not to mention not a complete airhead which makes it even better =o) oh yeah and she likes to shoot guns. I think i am in love......lmao
    I know she's hot and not an idiot, it just has been my experience on the whole vegitarian=anti-gun. And if one Vegitarian could actually get this concept there might not be that hard to convert others if some how truth could be interjected through all the falsehoods spread through the media
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    I know she's hot and not an idiot, it just has been my experience on the whole vegitarian=anti-gun. And if one Vegitarian could actually get this concept there might not be that hard to convert others if some how truth could be interjected through all the falsehoods spread through the media
    My old lady is a vegetarian that carries a gun. Albeit rare, they are out there.

Thanks..

LOL OsanMike, thanks for getting my Friday moving.... I knew it all along, "those guns really don't like to kill people".
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    LOL I'd like to see that, too. Next, they should test the myth that guns jump out of holsters and blast people on their own power.

One of the reasons that I love that show is that they do a lot of stuff with firearms. Some very cool myths buster or proven. And the best part, they both get really excited when they gun myths.... I wouldn't be surprised if they seek them out. haha
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Assistant Administrator
    Very nice idea - and it could well educate many folks out of their ''guns kill' way of thinking.

Always enjoy those two with their firearms tests and explosions
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    Add me as another Veggie gun nut. Although I see your point, I respectfully submit that it is a bit dated. Veggie used to equal peace loving hippie but now it's much more mainstream as a response to the quality of meat that's available to the public, not as a response to the killing of animals.

On Topic- That Myth Busters bit was hilarious, you ought to send it to them. They just might do it.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Quote Originally Posted by WorldPax View Post

On Topic- That Myth Busters bit was hilarious, you ought to send it to them. They just might do it.
    You never know they just might - those guys show off some nice firearms on that show.

My favorite episode was when they showed that falling bullets (the result of firing guns in the air) were harmless....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass-Diver View Post
    You never know they just might - those guys show off some nice firearms on that show.

My favorite episode was when they showed that falling bullets (the result of firing guns in the air) were harmless....interesting.
    I liked the episode where they shot the car gas tank to see if they could get it to explode like in the movies. Or the episode where they shot the maniqen <sp> to get it to fly backwards like in the movies. Both myths busted.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Links