Mod criteria

This is a discussion on Mod criteria within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I once had a passing thought about becoming a mod and asked about it... Now I think it would make me very cynical and I ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Mod criteria

I once had a passing thought about becoming a mod and asked about it... Now I think it would make me very cynical and I like this forum too much for that.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I once had a passing thought about becoming a mod and asked about it... Now I think it would make me very cynical and I like this forum too much for that.
    Nah. Only if one is thin-skinned. It's not that difficult to take out the trash, as needed. Tiresome, tedious, overflowing with patience beyond the measure one would expect from such a basic task, sure ... but, not that bad. Little different from general society, where only the criminals are the truly bad ones; and, that needn't sour a person on the idea of defensive weaponry. The ugly ones (on forums) are short-lived, particularly of the Mod group is communicating well and stay on the same page. BTDT, myself, elsewhere.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; November 17th, 2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: graaamammaur
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Nah. Only if one is thin-skinned. It's not that difficult to take out the trash, as needed. Tiresome, tedious, overflowing with patience beyond the measure one would expect from such a basic task, sure ... but, not that bad. Little different then in general society, where only the criminals are the truly bad ones; and, that needn't sour a person on the idea of defensive weaponry. The ugly ones (on forums) are short-lived, particularly of the Mod group is communicating well and stay on the same page. BTDT, myself, elsewhere.
    thats part of the reason I started this thread, to see what DC looks for in a mod, was thinking of volunteering for it.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Are you wondering how members are chosen to be moderators here?

When it is decided that additional Moderators are needed ~ Mods will nominate candidates they they feel may be suitable and then other moderators will either voice specific objections to individual selections - or approve those nominees for a vote.

Those names then go into a virtual hat.

And then depending on how many Moderators are needed we will cast a vote for two or three and the nominees with the most votes get contacted in order to find out if they are interested or not.

In short there is no way for members to request a Moderator position in order to become a forum Moderator.

Choices are decided upon based on

> How much a member participates.

> The value of their past postings.

> Their demeanor and how they treat fellow members in general.

> And lastly ~ Our superior intelligence, our impeccable ability to remain cool under fire, and finally our exceptional good looks.
    Also have to be humble.
    atctimmy likes this.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Senior Moderator
    You mean someone actaully voted for ME to be a Mod?

Holy COW! It must have happened at 2AM in the morning when only two Mods were awake....you know, kind of like Congress does when they pass a law....otherwise I might not have made it.

And all this time I thought it was because of my ability to speak the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Oh well...
    zacii and Rock and Glock like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

Holy COW! It must have happened at 2AM in the morning when only two Mods were awake....you know, kind of like Congress does when they pass a law....otherwise I might not have made it.

And all this time I thought it was because of my ability to speak the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Oh well...
    kind of like, "we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it?" Lol. ;)
    HotGuns, Jeanlouise and JDE101 like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member

Oh well...
    It's like going to a board meeting and finding out that when you missed the last one they voted you President...and you weren't there to say NO!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It's like going to a board meeting and finding out that when you missed the last one they voted you President...and you weren't there to say NO!
    That seriously happened to my wife. She got a phone call several months ago from the president of our shooting club. They had a problem and needed all board members to attend an emergency meeting. When asked why he was calling her, he said you are the clubs VP.

-
    atctimmy and Jeanlouise like this.

Administrator
    If my memory serves me correctly I believe that I just voted "Present" for you.

Oh well...
    Rock and Glock likes this.

JD
    Administrator

Re: Mod criteria

Oh well...
    Worse than that, some psycho actually nominated you to start with...

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

If my memory serves me correctly I believe that I just voted "Present" for you.
    HG, you're the gift that keeps on giving.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    If my memory serves me correctly I believe that I just voted "Present" for you
    Reminds me of a guy from Illinois that used to vote "present" all the time instead of "yeah or "nay".

Oh wait....he's the President now.

Worse than that, some psycho actually nominated you to start with...
    Wow...all this time I thought it was you? But you're not psycho...are you? Then again, you were in the Marine Corp....
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Reminds me of a guy from Illinois that used to vote "present" all the time instead of "yeah or "nay".

Oh wait....he's the President now.

Wow...all this time I thought it was you? But you're not psycho...are you? Then again, you were in the Marine Corps..
    hey, I represent that, wait, resent that. Lol. ;)
    Last edited by mulle46; November 17th, 2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote.

> And lastly ~ Our superior intelligence, our impeccable ability to remain cool under fire, and finally our exceptional good looks.
    well geeze, I should've been a mod right off the bat just on that last qualification alone.

seriously though, thanks for a great site
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

VIP Member
    I survived 3 teenagers, does that count?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links