The Newest pronouncements from Kalifornia - Page 2

The Newest pronouncements from Kalifornia

This is a discussion on The Newest pronouncements from Kalifornia within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The sad thing is this doesn't shock nor surprise me. Nothing really seems to anymore. Edit: Of course, the penalties are more extreme, but it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Newest pronouncements from Kalifornia

The sad thing is this doesn't shock nor surprise me. Nothing really seems to anymore.

Edit: Of course, the penalties are more extreme, but it sure sounds like rules of an HOA were the guidelines for this 'proposal'.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It's sensational because it's so absurd. However, it's their proposed rules, not mine.

I don't make the news, I just report it. Don't be so sure they will never come to fruition, as Oakchas said, it is California.
    We don't have the market on stupid laws cornered, in W.V. it is illegal to whistle underwater, or sleep on a train.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=Arborigine;2453624]We don't have the market on stupid laws cornered, in W.V. it is illegal to whistle underwater, or sleep on a train.[/QUOTE]

As it should be.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Well... the EPA wants to regulate the amount of "farm dust" ..... so wind blowing up dust from dirt roads or fields..... are they going to fine mother nature for too much wind ?
    "Farm Dust" is caused by man not nature. Once a field has been harvested it should be plowed under or you will have large amounts of dust and debris in the air. It's preventable but requires another final step that farmers often don't want to do. Many farmers overlook this procedure and leave the surface debris to blow away. If you don't live near a farm...who cares ...but if you do live near one you won't be happy with your air quality. Do you have a right to clean air?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

When the wind blows really really hard from the south, I can smell the BS from down there and it's usually a lot stronger than any wiff of dog poo.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

mkh
    Move. I don't see why anyone would want to live in komifornia.

Damn you Superman! Why did you have to stop Lex Luthor?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Um who cares about Comifornia?

*** !!!!!! Whats wrong with cali govenors ? ..... The president needs to step in to all these cali. Laws and matters going on....cali is waaaaay out of sinc here and its only getting worse. Something needs be done fast no lie.... Its WRONG !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Well... the EPA wants to regulate the amount of "farm dust" ..... so wind blowing up dust from dirt roads or fields..... are they going to fine mother nature for too much wind ?
    No they don't... EPA Farm Dust Rule A 'Myth,' Agency Says

As for Kali, they do have screwy rules. I used to fly out to San Diego every few weeks to see my ladyfriend. At most of the various lakes you could not even TOUCH the water. Yep- that is right. I read that regulation and thought it was a bunch of bull until the lake manager I was talking to one day interrupted our conversation, got on a bullhorn, and started scolding somebody for reaching into the water. I guess they didn't bother telling the ducks who leave plenty of, uh, pollution.

The most disheartening thing I found about the place is everybody wants to manage your business instead of theirs.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post

As for Kali, they do have screwy rules. I used to fly out to San Diego every few weeks to see my ladyfriend. At most of the various lakes you could not even TOUCH the water. Yep- that is right. I read that regulation and thought it was a bunch of bull until the lake manager I was talking to one day interrupted our conversation, got on a bullhorn, and started scolding somebody for reaching into the water. I guess they didn't bother telling the ducks who leave plenty of, uh, pollution.

The most disheartening thing I found about the place is everybody wants to manage your business instead of theirs.
    Dear God. They walk among us.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post

Here's the 2nd rough draft of "the Myth" 365 pages: EPA policy assesment

It weren't no myth, boyo... But they are saying it was... Until they learned they would probably be downsized out of existence if they pursued it...

More tin gods... regulating our exhalation... maybe they could just tax it instead.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links