NREMT on Sat: Wish me luck - I PASSED! - Page 4

NREMT on Sat: Wish me luck - I PASSED!

This is a discussion on NREMT on Sat: Wish me luck - I PASSED! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Congratulations!...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: NREMT on Sat: Wish me luck - I PASSED!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Congratulations!

Congratulations! I knew you'd get er done!

VIP Member
    Congrats Lima, knew you'd do fine.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Nicely done Lima! Congrats!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Now go get your Medic!

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Very well done Lima!

Senior Moderator
    Congrats Lima
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    Now go get your Medic!

Hush that noise!!! Get your R.N.!!! Take it from one that knows. A injuried Paramedic that can't work the trucks anymore has no other avenues left. Even a R.N. who can't physically take care of patients has other oppurtunities in medicine. There will always be a need for them. The EMT is a great start because even if you get a R.N. the emergency training will not fail you. Besides....in most states I believe a R.N. can work ambulance....and then there is air ambulanes.

To be young and healthy with choices before you. Enjoy.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Congrats Lima! I had no doubts you'd pass. No doubt it's a very proud moment for you.

limatunes likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Congratulations
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    After a day and a half of waiting for my results I logged onto my NREMT account this morning and got this message: Congratulations on successfully earning your national EMS certification.

Looks like I made the cut.
    Congratulations!

But I do get a little nervous when I hear an EMT say "I made the cut"...
    limatunes likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    A injuried Paramedic that can't work the trucks anymore has no other avenues left.
    Not true. Same avenues as RNs, just in a more limited hiring environment. Paramedics still do research, teach, etc etc. Plus, if you get hurt you still have disability. Wouldn't be the first medic who completed their RN or PA while injured.

Besides....in most states I believe a R.N. can work ambulance
    Yeah, if they have their EMT or Medic, not in the capacity of a nurse. Only a couple of states (Such as Penn.) have PHRNs, and even then their utility is questioned.

Don't guide someone away from EMS just because. Sure, EMS is limited, but it's still in its infancy. There's a ton you can learn in medic school that you wouldn't in RN school. Nothing wrong with being rounded.

VIP Member
    Good job Lima. I missed this thread til now, but I have no doubt that you can do whatever you put your mind to.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    Not true. Same avenues as RNs, just in a more limited hiring environment. Paramedics still do research, teach, etc etc. Plus, if you get hurt you still have disability. Wouldn't be the first medic who completed their RN or PA while injured.

Yeah, if they have their EMT or Medic, not in the capacity of a nurse. Only a couple of states (Such as Penn.) have PHRNs, and even then their utility is questioned.

Don't guide someone away from EMS just because. Sure, EMS is limited, but it's still in its infancy. There's a ton you can learn in medic school that you wouldn't in RN school. Nothing wrong with being rounded.
    I heard that "it's still in its infancy" when I started in 1974 at KUMC under the direction of Norman McSwain. Didn't hear it in 1990 when I was totally disabled in the line of duty. Show me the jobs in research and teaching, that is the few that aren't taken and won't open up again until the person dies or retires. Can't get through the R.N. school when you can't physically do the clinicals. In Kansas and Missouri any person who holds a R.N. can work ambulances, without further EMS education. This I know for a fact. Since you didn't put down a location for yourself...you might check your facts.

Nothing wrong with being "well rounded" unless you count the time and money that could have gotten one a R.N....better money, better opportunities, longer career advantages.

Work EMS when you are young and healthy, but don't forget to look to the future.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

NREMT on Sat: Wish me luck - I PASSED!

Congrats!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links