Remote possibility of moving to Louisiana - questions - Page 2

Remote possibility of moving to Louisiana - questions

This is a discussion on Remote possibility of moving to Louisiana - questions within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I grew up between 'Nawlens' and Baton Rouge. I was born in Bossier City and half of my family is from the NW Louisiana/southern Ark. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Remote possibility of moving to Louisiana - questions

I grew up between 'Nawlens' and Baton Rouge. I was born in Bossier City and half of my family is from the NW Louisiana/southern Ark. I LOVE the whole state!
    Heat and humidity are rough but still plenty livable. I've lived in several states and a couple of foregin countries.... and the food is STILL the best ANYWHERE! (Italy comes in a 'distant' second place)

Cost of living is cheaper and the left-coast it is NOT, but also check the avrege earnings, etc. of the area as well.
    Pace of life is s-l-o-w-e-r, but that don't mean the folks there are. Although, what and how they think will be diffrent than you might be uesd to.

Where in La. are ya'll thinking about setteling in? That'd help narrow things down a bit......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    I wish this was on YouTube or available on DVD, but Lt Gov. Jay Dardenne has a 2 1/2 hour presentation that he gives about Louisiana. I heard his presentation once, it was very good. My FIL who is originally from California really enjoyed it as well.

"Jay Dardenne was elected Lieutenant Governor of the State of Louisiana in November 2010, filling the remaining year on an unexpired term. He's a popular speaker who regularly conducts a presentation entitled “Why Louisiana Ain’t Mississippi,” a lively and colorful look at Louisiana’s culture, demography, history, music and politics."
    goldshellback likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Where in La. are ya'll thinking about setteling in? That'd help narrow things down a bit......
    Not really sure at this point. I haven't really even gone over too much with my wife and her family. They are the ones thinking about it and, my wife wanting to keep together as a family, is talking along with them. I haven't had opportunity yet to chat with them all but will soon and all of the info gleaned here will be helpful, I'm sure. Thanks to everyone who has posted and thanks to everyone who will likely post after this post of mine. The more info the better.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Forget the gators, it's those 9-ft water moccasins that chill my bones!

Attachment 64454
    I agree with you about that. I haven't run across that many, but if I come across their habitat, I'm doing some looking. About 25 years ago, I saw a stumptail moccasin "flying" across dry land to get in a pond before I got too close to him. We've got rattlesnakes here too, I've only seen/killed a couple.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links