Just sayin...

This is a discussion on Just sayin... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Absolutely true. I've been married for 19 years, I learned this lesson a long time ago. However since I never matured past 12 years old ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Just sayin...

Just sayin...

Absolutely true. I've been married for 19 years, I learned this lesson a long time ago. However since I never matured past 12 years old I don't always follow this advice. In those cases when I fail to use good judgement I just plan to buy, fix, make, or some other way make up for my offense. I also believe she knows this and uses it to her advantage!!
    Jeanlouise and joker1 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    When she says "do what you want", you still cannot sit in your underwear in front of the TV and eat a pound of freshly cooked bacon. I know this to be true, I swear.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I told my son the key to marital happiness (I've been married 31 years to his mother) is to find a woman you don't mind taking orders from for the rest of your life.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

For a happy marriage, you need learn only two words: "yes dear" ;-)
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight...unless it's strapped to a gun.

I'm not complaining mind you, I do need the supervision to keep things under control. My wife will be nominated for the sainthood, believe me.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Moderator
    Also when your wife tells you "Let's not get each other anything for our anniversary" she doesn't mean it.

You'd have thunk that my wife would of learned when she told me not to get her a birthday present (while we were dating) and I didn't get her a present.
    joker1 and kapnketel like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Also when your wife tells you "Let's not get each other anything for our anniversary" she doesn't mean it.

You'd have thunk that my wife would of learned when she told me not to get her a birthday present (while we were dating) and I didn't get her a present.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Wow !! Now i know my problem with woman.... Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

I have been suckered into that one more than once! Little did you know, that when you agree to that you are secretly taking a vow of celibacy.
    pgrass101 and Jeanlouise like this.

After 46 years and counting, I would never assume to even begin to understand women!
    I can laugh about it, and so does she! But I know one thing! Keep things on an even keel, and life is going to be better all the way around.
    My two cents worth! Unless I get my allowance Then I will have 3!!
    Anyone that is going away for the holidays! Stay safe and have a great time!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimshooter View Post
    For a happy marriage, you need learn only two words: "yes dear" ;-)
    I disagree. "Yes dear" is what you use 93.4% of the time. The other 6.6% of the time you need to know "I wasn't asking your permission sweety. I was telling you what I'm going to do."

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I disagree. "Yes dear" is what you use 93.4% of the time. The other 6.6% of the time you need to know "I wasn't asking your permission sweety. I was telling you what I'm going to do."
    Said in his best Ralph Cramden "I'm the King of my castle" voice LOL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    timmy...is that 6.6% of time when you're in the shower, bathroom door locked and feeling brave?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Perhaps I should elaborate for our younger members:

Ralph:"I'm the king here! Remember that! This house is my castle! I'm the king! Remember that! King, king, king! You are nothing! A peasant! This is my house, my castle, I'm the king!

Alice: "That's right Ralph, you're the King of nuthin'"

I swear, one of the best lines ever from one of the classics.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links