Just sayin...

This is a discussion on Just sayin... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Absolutely true. I've been married for 19 years, I learned this lesson a long time ago. However since I never matured past 12 years old ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Just sayin...

  1. #16
    Member Array Skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    79

    Just sayin...

    Absolutely true. I've been married for 19 years, I learned this lesson a long time ago. However since I never matured past 12 years old I don't always follow this advice. In those cases when I fail to use good judgement I just plan to buy, fix, make, or some other way make up for my offense. I also believe she knows this and uses it to her advantage!!
    Jeanlouise and joker1 like this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    When she says "do what you want", you still cannot sit in your underwear in front of the TV and eat a pound of freshly cooked bacon. I know this to be true, I swear.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

  4. #18
    Ex Member Array dbglock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    278
    I told my son the key to marital happiness (I've been married 31 years to his mother) is to find a woman you don't mind taking orders from for the rest of your life.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

  5. #19
    Member Array pilgrimshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    44
    For a happy marriage, you need learn only two words: "yes dear" ;-)
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight...unless it's strapped to a gun.

  6. #20
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    I'm not complaining mind you, I do need the supervision to keep things under control. My wife will be nominated for the sainthood, believe me.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

  7. #21
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,459
    Also when your wife tells you "Let's not get each other anything for our anniversary" she doesn't mean it.

    You'd have thunk that my wife would of learned when she told me not to get her a birthday present (while we were dating) and I didn't get her a present.
    joker1 and kapnketel like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  8. #22
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Also when your wife tells you "Let's not get each other anything for our anniversary" she doesn't mean it.

    You'd have thunk that my wife would of learned when she told me not to get her a birthday present (while we were dating) and I didn't get her a present.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  9. #23
    Member Array Miamieddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami,Fl.
    Posts
    225
    Wow !! Now i know my problem with woman.... Thanx.

  10. #24
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Also when your wife tells you "Let's not get each other anything for our anniversary" she doesn't mean it.

    You'd have thunk that my wife would of learned when she told me not to get her a birthday present (while we were dating) and I didn't get her a present.
    I have been suckered into that one more than once! Little did you know, that when you agree to that you are secretly taking a vow of celibacy.
    pgrass101 and Jeanlouise like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

  11. #25
    Member Array Grandpagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    135
    After 46 years and counting, I would never assume to even begin to understand women!
    I can laugh about it, and so does she! But I know one thing! Keep things on an even keel, and life is going to be better all the way around.
    My two cents worth! Unless I get my allowance Then I will have 3!!
    Anyone that is going away for the holidays! Stay safe and have a great time!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

  12. #26
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,370
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimshooter View Post
    For a happy marriage, you need learn only two words: "yes dear" ;-)
    I disagree. "Yes dear" is what you use 93.4% of the time. The other 6.6% of the time you need to know "I wasn't asking your permission sweety. I was telling you what I'm going to do."

  13. #27
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I disagree. "Yes dear" is what you use 93.4% of the time. The other 6.6% of the time you need to know "I wasn't asking your permission sweety. I was telling you what I'm going to do."
    Said in his best Ralph Cramden "I'm the King of my castle" voice LOL
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

  14. #28
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I disagree. "Yes dear" is what you use 93.4% of the time. The other 6.6% of the time you need to know "I wasn't asking your permission sweety. I was telling you what I'm going to do."
    timmy...is that 6.6% of time when you're in the shower, bathroom door locked and feeling brave?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  15. #29
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    Perhaps I should elaborate for our younger members:

    Ralph:"I'm the king here! Remember that! This house is my castle! I'm the king! Remember that! King, king, king! You are nothing! A peasant! This is my house, my castle, I'm the king!

    Alice: "That's right Ralph, you're the King of nuthin'"

    I swear, one of the best lines ever from one of the classics.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

  16. #30
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •