Random Thoughts - Page 102

Random Thoughts

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MJClark All I want to say is THANK YOU to those who created this board. I work in an industry that is ...

Page 102 of 710 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 10646
Like Tree11148Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    All I want to say is THANK YOU to those who created this board. I work in an industry that is overwhelming liberal by nature. For a long time I was active on a board dealing with that industry and in the informal discussion area, if I posted anything pro-gun, Conservative, or Libertarian in nature, almost all of the comments would be either direct attacks on me, my statements, or attempts to argue with me about it.

For a long time I stood my ground and finally last month I washed my hands of the group because of one quote that I heard:
    "Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
    I know exactly what you mean. I was a regular on another board but it was the same way...screaming Liberals who put on their "holier-than-thou attitudes when it came to guns and self defense. I wish I had a dime for every time I heard that guns are dangerous around children and they would never have one in the house. (well duh, every heard of gun safety? Keeping them out of reach of the kids? Bueller...Bueller...)

Anyway, coming here is like a safe zone where you don't have to constantly argue the case.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

What do you make for dinner, when you're hungry but don't know what you want?
    goldshellback likes this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    bowl of cereal
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Soy Sauce sandwich
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Soy Sauce sandwich
    that sounds good

VIP Member
    This was posted on the FB page of the guy who owns the shop we buy our guns from.

gun dealer.jpg
    Ransom and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post

Are you willing to invest time...? Chicago styl stuffed pizza!

My Chikyrgyz (Chicago styled Pizza in Kyrgyzstan) Pizza!! - YouTube
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

And 1523 Posts..............

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    The Mr. Coffee is on life-support. It blew a circuit, won't work. Survival instincts have kicked in. Have to pour boiling water into the basket to make it thru the morning until I can get out to get a new one. Guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Bologna on hand.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My gas grill has decided to die (conveniently in the middle of cooking dinner of course). I have rebuilt the thing once, time for the long walk to the curb. Just what I wanted to do this weekend, spend 600-700 bucks on a new grill. Looking at A Weber Genesis. I grill three or more times a week all year so I am without a main part of our menu planning tools.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I have gone as far as poring grounds into a boiling teapot and then pouring that through a filter. As you can imagine, it was a bit stronger than normal but still very good.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The Mr. Coffee is on life-support. It blew a circuit, won't work. Survival instincts have kicked in. Have to pour boiling water into the basket to make it thru the morning until I can get out to get a new one. Guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.
    I have got a Nicaraguan coffe maker for backup. It is basically a piece of t-shirt (light knit) fabric over a wooden form that holds it open like a scoop. You put the ground coffee in the fabric and a cup underneath it. Pour hot water through and you have coffee.

Ain't nobody got time for that
    Jeanlouise and Ransom like this.

VIP Member
    LOL And I thought maybe the reporter's name was Jesus.

Sponsored Links