Random Thoughts - Page 108

Random Thoughts

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just a random thought: With liberals focusing the gun control debate around the mantra "do it for the children", we should focus on doing something ...

Page 108 of 603 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 9032
Like Tree8433Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts

Just a random thought:

With liberals focusing the gun control debate around the mantra "do it for the children", we should focus on doing something better for the children - preserving their precious liberties.

Custom Kydex holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.
    www.armatuscarry.com
    www.Facebook.com/armatuscarry
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Armatus Carry Solutions: Custom Kydex Holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    How's the boyfriend feel about guns? Does he know you're all ready planning a wedding reception to include target shooting and a little box of ammo tied up in white ribbon at each guests dinner place?
    Thanks for the great ideas! My daughter is getting married this summer and both our family and the groom's family like shooting, and so does the owner of the wedding venue.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Happy Valentines Day to all my DC friends, yes..
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Off to the SS office to fact find about applying for disability. If you never hear from me again, I'm still waiting for my number to be called.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

How's the boyfriend feel about guns? Does he know you're all ready planning a wedding reception to include target shooting and a little box of ammo tied up in white ribbon at each guests dinner place?
    ...haven't met him yet....but I will.

Rodney Atkins "Cleaning this gun" - YouTube
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by ACS_Matt View Post
    Just a random thought:

With liberals focusing the gun control debate around the mantra "do it for the children", we should focus on doing something better for the children - preserving their precious liberties.
    The irony is they are doing it for the children, yet their policies are over extending the current resources resulting in unimaginable debt that our children will have to pay in the future. In short, they are sacrificing the future for a present that no one really wants or that is sustainable.

I look at it like someone trying to fill a hole filled water bucket using water from a small pond. DC is punching more holes in the bucket, then tossing more pumps into the pond. It won't be long before you have an empty bucket and a pit of mud.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Off to the SS office to fact find about applying for disability. If you never hear from me again, I'm still waiting for my number to be called.
    If you need help...pop smoke!
    goldshellback likes this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

VIP Member
    Just spent two weeks shopping for a new mattress. It's as stressful as buying a new car. I hate the way the sales people glom onto you the second you walk through the door. I know everyone has to make a living, but geez...
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Just spent two weeks shopping for a new mattress. It's as stressful as buying a new car. I hate the way the sales people glom onto you the second you walk through the door. I know everyone has to make a living, but geez...
    I fully agree with you...there is something a little voyeuristic about those salesmen.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Just plop yourself down on one and tell them to wake you in an hour. If you're still there, it's a sale.
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I felt more ignorant about a mattress purchase than when we bought a car.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I pulled off the Valentines surprise. Now that it is all said and done, I am back to my cynical attitude about the Hallmark Holiday.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Took my wife to our favorite local family-run Mexican restaurant. Enjoyed some tall margaritas and a good supper. Then headed over to Cabela's to look at guns and pick up some ammo I had ordered. We laughed as we headed into Cabela's at our choice of Valentines Day date. It was perfect.
    goldshellback likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Took my wife to our favorite local family-run Mexican restaurant. Enjoyed some tall margaritas and a good supper. Then headed over to Cabela's to look at guns and pick up some ammo I had ordered. We laughed as we headed into Cabela's at our choice of Valentines Day date. It was perfect.
    Mexican food, and gun stuff - sounds good to me to.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Southern Indiana but have a permanent residence in South Coastal Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I felt more ignorant about a mattress purchase than when we bought a car.
    Whats up with not being able to flip a mattress anymore? I love mine but all I can do is spin it around. I remember growing up we flipped ours every couple of months. Felt like a new mattress again. Now it got a wooden frame or some crap on one side.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you need, is big enough to take everything you have"--- Thomas Jefferson, 1778.

Links