Random Thoughts - Page 11

Random Thoughts

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy Then again, did any of those "persistent" contrails you mentioned turn into funny looking "clouds"? In fact, I remember on at ...

Page 11 of 603 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast
Like Tree8454Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Then again, did any of those "persistent" contrails you mentioned turn into funny looking "clouds"?
    In fact, I remember on at least one occasion, we did a barrel-roll at about 30,000 feet with a persistent contrail just to see what it would look like...we then asked ATC to allow us to do a 360 degree turn to see our results. From the ground, it must have looked like sky-writing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    In fact, I remember on at least one occasion, we did a barrel-roll at about 30,000 feet with a persistent contrail just to see what it would look like...we then asked ATC to allow us to do a 360 degree turn to see our results. From the ground, it must have looked like sky-writing.
    What plane did you fly? There was an SR-71 squardon at Kadena when we were there in the 70's.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Not laughing at all.
    I just talked to my step daughter and told her about the post. She said you know I still see that kids face.
    QKShooter and Rock and Glock like this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    What plane did you fly? There was an SR-71 squardon at Kadena when we were there in the 70's.
    I flew the Canberra. We did the barrel-roll in a short-wing version, the RB-57C. The high-altitude versionI flew was the RB-57F. We replaced the U-2A/B for recce, then the later U-2S replaced our planes.

rb57fusafsn8a_2.jpg

8:39 - 2nd quarter

Alabama 28
    Auburn 0

Roll Tide!!!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

It is 19:56 on November 24, 2012, and M*ch*gan still sucks...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

NCG
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    It is 19:56 on November 24, 2012, and M*ch*gan still sucks...
    Glad I'm not in M*ch*gan!

I've seen so many contrails from horizon to horizon, straight as a line, I've lost count. They match commercial flight patterns too. Imagine that. It's wild what you can see from 18,670 feet on a clear day at 5% humidity without hallucinogens.

Stars are real nice too.
    lchamp, msgt/ret and fail_187 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I've seen so many contrails from horizon to horizon, straight as a line, I've lost count. They match commercial flight patterns too. Imagine that. It's wild what you can see from 18,670 feet on a clear day at 5% humidity without hallucinogens.

Stars are real nice too.
    Odd. I'm out in a rural mountainous area, and hardly see any. Last week I saw ones making a distinct "X" pattern. I took a picture of it,...

Random thought: I want to live by the ocean. I like the mountains and the people, but its not my home town. My home town isn't by the ocean either, but its a couple hours to the Atlantic. Every time I go to the gunshine state of Florida, it is so beautiful and the ocean is amazing. I think, why the heck can't I live here and enjoy it? My wife flip-flops a lot. She was the one that gave me the idea of going to FL to live. Then she started talking about moving up north or northwest cause she likes the cold,...Thats a definite NO. I was born and bred south of the mason-dixon, I was born and bred in the former Capital of The Confederacy. I like my southern comforts too much. If you like it, fine. But I want to stay along the southern coast. I've been looking a lot into Texas too, by the Gulf Coast. I have family on the east coast of FL, and gulf coast of tx. It'll be several years before I can move at all, if at all. But my goal is to get to TX or FL by the ocean. I'm thinking about that, ...so I shared!

EDITED: I have another year at my current college before I will be seeking a new university (finishing the degree I am working on, and moving to a higher level.). On a positive note, my wife attended college in a town EXTREMELY close to the ocean, so I'm hoping I can attend there as well. It would still be in Virginia like we are now, but it's the ocean :-)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Odd. I'm out in a rural mountainous area, and hardly see any. Last week I saw ones making a distinct "X" pattern. I took a picture of it,...

Random thought: I want to live by the ocean. I like the mountains and the people, but its not my home town. My home town isn't by the ocean either, but its a couple hours to the Atlantic. Every time I go to the gunshine state of Florida, it is so beautiful and the ocean is amazing. I think, why the heck can't I live here and enjoy it? My wife flip-flops a lot. She was the one that gave me the idea of going to FL to live. Then she started talking about moving up north or northwest cause she likes the cold,...Thats a definite NO. I was born and bred south of the mason-dixon, I was born and bred in the former Capital of The Confederacy. I like my southern comforts too much. If you like it, fine. But I want to stay along the southern coast. I've been looking a lot into Texas too, by the Gulf Coast. I have family on the east coast of FL, and gulf coast of tx. It'll be several years before I can move at all, if at all. But my goal is to get to TX or FL by the ocean. I'm thinking about that, ...so I shared!
    I lived in California when I entered the Air Force. My stated goal then (1960) was to retire to Florida. When I retired from the AF, I lived in DC as a govt contractor for 23 years, then retired again. THEN, I moved to Florida...love it here.

I'm out in a rural mountainous area, and hardly see any.
    Well, it'd help if you'd get out from under a rock

I like where I am. No snakes, no mosquitos.

I need to do some study on scat. I think I have a bear hanging around.

Nope. A constipated Elk. Is that random enough?

Wrong again. Deer. Darn.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

I need to do some study on scat. I think I have a bear hanging around.

Nope. A constipated Elk. Is that random enough?
    hahaha,...

Surprisingly, I see WAY less snakes out here then back home (greater Richmond area.). We used to get HUGE cottonmouths like crazy at my childhood home (old hog farm, had a creek running through it.)So I'm used to snakes and mosquitos

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I hate Cottonmouths aka Water Mocs!!!!!!!!! I used to use my 12 Ga on 'em in Texas on our lake.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I like pie.
    Happy Festivus!!
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

hmmm...snakes... like this? (I'm the one with the beard.)

larry python.jpg
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Links