Random Thoughts - Page 12

Random Thoughts

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey...you look just like that guy in your Avatar. That's a biggun! Originally Posted by lchamp hmmm...snakes... like this? (I'm the one with the beard.) ...

Page 12 of 710 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast
Like Tree11154Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts

Administrator
    Hey...you look just like that guy in your Avatar.

That's a biggun!
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    hmmm...snakes... like this? (I'm the one with the beard.)

Attachment 64724

We only have 3 venomous snakes in PA. The Copperhead, Eastern Massasauga, and the Timber Rattlesnake.

The Eastern is very rare & so are venomous snake bites (in general) in PA.

Senior Moderator
    We've got Timbers, Easterns,Pygmys,Copperheads,Cottonmouths and even a few Coral snakes.

I've killed numerous Copperheads laying in my driveway, and several Cottonmouths in the pond by my house.

I once sat beside a 4' Timber Rattler when I was squirrel hunting. I heard a "buzzzzzzzzz"....and looked at it in a coiled position,head up, about ready to strike. I jumped...and landed 22 feet from where I was sitting.
    That would have a been a world class jump that would have won a gold medal in the olympics...and yes...my hunting buddy witnessed the whole thing.

Its amazing what one can do with a bit of adrenaline pumping through ones veins...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    The Copperheads in PA. are Yankee Copperheads. I have only ever seen a couple of them scooting away.

Senior Moderator
    I've heard that them Yankee Copperheads will bite you for no reason...other than just because they can....
    Ghettokracker71 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I hate Cottonmouths aka Water Mocs!!!!!!!!! I used to use my 12 Ga on 'em in Texas on our lake.
    Wow, did you just take me back in time! I hadn't thought about a specific memory of my great-grandfather (yep!) in a very long time,..... We were playing in the yard, my cousin found a snake in the yard,...ol Granddady had a pump-action shotty in his hands next thing we knew, advised us to go on the porch and cover our ears,...haha.

I have no clue what snakes are in VA, honestly. We used to get a lot of water-mocs and garden snakes, they usually don't bug you though. I've never gotten close enough to a cottonmouth once I spotted him without trying to kill him to know if they are agressive or not. {never shot one though,...}

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Why did QKS remember those BEC/BEK's
    goldshellback likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Moderator
    Why did QKS remember those BEC/BEK's
    The kid really did "get in". QK just didnt know it at the time....
    Rock and Glock likes this.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Water Moc's and those lil' pigmy rattlers just bug me to no end.......
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

There's a great scene in the Lonesome Dove series with a creek, a pocket of irritable Water Mocs in the mud, and a horse that steps on and wakes up the Mocs. Still makes me squirm

Supposedly an Urban Myth, but they lie. Water Mocs are just nasty evil.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

If you cross a Bulldog with a Shi Tzu, do you get a bullsnit?
    goldshellback likes this.

Dean Koontz writes creepy books, but never about Bulldogs or Shi Tzu's.

VIP Member
    I am fed up with all the lies and half truths that are constantly spewed out by the politicians and the media.

I want the government and the media to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I want there to be severe consequences for those who lie to the American people.
    lchamp, Jeanlouise and discoboxer like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I am fed up with all the lies and half truths that are constantly spewed out by the politicians and the media.

I want the government and the media to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I want there to be severe consequences for those who lie to the American people.
    +1 Please. Yes. Affirm!

VIP Member
    Yesterday I was at the Nursing home visiting my 93 year old Mom. I was hanging out at the Nursing station for a few minutes talking to a couple of the nurses. They said that several of the residents had been really agitated on Thursday and talking about the little boy and little girl running around bothering them. (There are no little kids there). Several of them were lined up in front of the nursing station (the ones with dementia) and one kept saying, "tell that little boy to stop pusing my chair".

Then the nurses told me that in the past, for many years actually, when some of the residents start "seeing" children in the home, within a week or 10 days, someone passes away. They said it happens at least 90% of the time.

I'll keep you posted...
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Yesterday I was at the Nursing home visiting my 93 year old Mom. I was hanging out at the Nursing station for a few minutes talking to a couple of the nurses. They said that several of the residents had been really agitated on Thursday and talking about the little boy and little girl running around bothering them. (There are no little kids there). Several of them were lined up in front of the nursing station (the ones with dementia) and one kept saying, "tell that little boy to stop pusing my chair".

Then the nurses told me that in the past, for many years actually, when some of the residents start "seeing" children in the home, within a week or 10 days, someone passes away. They said it happens at least 90% of the time.

I'll keep you posted...

Does someone pass away in the nursing home 90% of the time, within any given 10 day period? Even if someone passes away
    within any given 30 day period, there is still a high chance of the two events being utterly unrelated, especially if dementia
    patients commonly have that particular delusion.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Sponsored Links