Random Thoughts

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; speaking of movies, for those of you with younger kids around; Wreck it Ralph was a very good movie. I highly recommend it (and it ...

Page 16 of 529 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast
Like Tree7033Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts

speaking of movies, for those of you with younger kids around; Wreck it Ralph was a very good movie. I highly recommend it (and it will be added to the collection when it comes out on Blu-Ray)
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

2. Remove Ads

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Anyone seen the movie "Lincoln" yet? Worthwhile?
    The wife saw it with a friend and enjoyed it so much she wanted to see it again with me. I liked it. Definitely worth the time and price.

i've been missing MacGyver shows. watched a few the other day on cloo network.
    goldshellback likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Why do I have four does and a small buck (2 x 2) wander within 20 feet of my office window when it is past season and I don't hunt..............
    QKShooter likes this.

VIP Member
    Why is it that being male others automatically think you are totally infatuated by whatever “sports” gang they worship and willing to listen breathlessly as they drone on about their latest antics. If you say you are not interested then they launch into a tirade about how fantastic “sports” are and how important they are. I would rather watch an hour of “Barney the Purple Dinosaur” than have to sit through five minutes of some “sports” exhibition.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

It irritates me that I have several friends that are sports nuts and can tell me about who won "this game" from 15yrs ago, but say that they don't have time to follow current events and politics.

And why are there 51 candidates for Miss America but it always comes down to 2 for presidential election!
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Why do I have four does and a small buck (2 x 2) wander within 20 feet of my office window when it is past season and I don't hunt..............
    Because Deer are smarter than people give them credit for and since the DNR only allows deer hunting during the same time each year they've figured out when it's time to hunker down and when it's safe to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by discoboxer View Post
    It irritates me that I have several friends that are sports nuts and can tell me about who won "this game" from 15yrs ago, but say that they don't have time to follow current events and politics.
    Also knowing the stats for every game and player for the last decade is somehow not geeky, because it's sports.

VIP Member
    Why is it that when you're appxox 20' from a deer they think that would be the perfect time to step out in front of your car?
    Rock and Glock and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'm grateful to God for allowing me to get my mom the Christmas present she wanted (got it today).
    rottkeeper likes this.

I don't understand why "adults" get so excited about a "jeans day" at work?

Drama Queens get on my nerves.

Busy bodies get on my nerves.

Blue Man Group. Tomorrow night. Thanks to my daughter for the tickets she gave me for my birthday.

I think consumers have given in to marketing hype and are causing life's expenses to become greater. Ridiculous prices for standard coffee when we showed we will pay much more for bolder, flavored coffee or freakin' bottled water.

Technology for advanced semi-conductors and nano-processing exists today , but computer component manufacturers release updates on a much slower schedule to milk every dollar.

Throw out your perfectly good Sony Tube television for a brand new 720p plasma screen, then throw that out for your new 1080i LCD, and then throw that one out for the new 1080p LED. When RCA was once a good manufacturer, you got 15+ yrs on a TV.

Ditch your iPhone4 for the 4s, and now the iPhone5., upgrade your barely used Windows7 now for 8.

Sell your compact XD for an XDm, and then an XDS....(Ok, this one is acceptable!)
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Why do anti's refuse to see the truth. Why.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Links