Random Thoughts - Page 27

Random Thoughts

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Call it pink or salmon, It doesn't look good on me....

Page 27 of 694 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast
Like Tree10652Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts

Call it pink or salmon, It doesn't look good on me.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    When switching out electrical outlets, remember that not all of them on a wall are necessarily on the same circuit. [B]Just call me "sparky".[B]
    Dunno why but your post reminded me of an 'incident' that occured after it turned REALLY cold out here in Asia's nether-regions. Being a 'southern boy' I do warm much better than freezing cold. I observed my first 'white Thanksgiving' EVER this year. With the COLD, dryer weather comes several 'diffrent' enviromental changes.....
    You know what happens when it gets cold? Lemme tell ya..... Static electricty. No matter how much I try not to, I get a shock. Well, while getting ready for work the other day I heard a commotion outside my door so I'm gonna take a peek and see what's up.... VERY careful mind you NOT to touch anything prior to 'grounding' myself to prevent a shock..... BUT, the peep-hole has a METAL FRAME. I took a static shock to my friggen EYEBALL. I nearly peed myself. Think Martin Short or Jim Carry getting tazed. I was a bumbbling, drooling blob of 'OWwww'. I knocked over my end table, lamp, and coat rack. I felt it through my face, armpits, and nipples.

My badge designator when I entered Naval service was Radioman.... four lightning bolts. We were called 'sparky'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I did learn what circuit the outlet was really on in short order, LOL
    goldshellback likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Getting tired of my mailbox being loaded up with junk mail that I just have to haul in and throw in the trash. Also someone pitched some advertisement on my lawn early this morning. It's raining and I had to haul the soggy mess in and throw it in the trash. I tell ya...life ain't easy around here.

Re: Random Thoughts

The little SOB gopher was back again this morning. Trying a little gas first before going Bill Murray on his/her but.

George
    Ransom likes this.
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Tase him, George. Tase him. Excessively.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

It's raining
    YEA! Send some our way!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I nearly peed myself
    So did I, reading your post!
    goldshellback and darkstar11 like this.

Administrator
    "I took a static shock to my friggen EYEBALL."

You'll start seeing Guardian ANGELS now with that eye. That shock was a gift.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    Should you go see the Doctor if your urine has blood in it?
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Not sure BUT, you definitely should if your blood has urine in it.

On a serious note...you might possibly have a kidney stone or a bladder infection.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Naw. Why take a chance on malpractice?

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I also learned I hate fake buttonholes opposite buttons on blouses (wife asked me to hang up a couple of blouses for her) What is up with that?
    It keeps you from walking around in a woman's shirt (or at least it should).

I use a 5 foot trail mower pulled by my 4 wheeler to cut my grass, I tell you this, to tell you this story...

This spring when I was doing my first cutting, which was late because of a wet lawn, this happened to me. I made a few passes and noticed I had ran over an old newspaper, a million pieces all over the lawn. I had picked up a bunch that had been around the mailbox and put them on the back of the four wheeler, the paperboy gets rid of a ton in the snow on my lawn each year.

So now I am watching very closly as I mow as to not hit more, low and behold I make another turn and there is another one shredded, and another one, and another one. At this point I am so mad I am ready to park and make a phone call to let the Recorder have a piece of my mind. That's when I jump off the four wheeler and notice the one last paper that did not fall off the back and into the mower........ OOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSSSS...... MY BAD.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paullie View Post
    how many time will i let my 2 year old hit me in the nuts before i learn to block/dodge him?? and he's the third kid, i should know better by now
    Get a Smartcarry.

Sponsored Links