Random Thoughts - Page 92

Random Thoughts

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I can cook an entire meal in one pot with one spoon. Why does my wife have to empty the cabinets and drawers to do ...

Page 92 of 716 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 10736
Like Tree11354Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I can cook an entire meal in one pot with one spoon. Why does my wife have to empty the cabinets and drawers to do the same thing?
    goldshellback and BurgerBoy like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I guess something is coming, weatherwise. The storm radio has been sounding about every 15 minutes for the last couple of hours.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can cook an entire meal in one pot with one spoon. Why does my wife have to empty the cabinets and drawers to do the same thing?
    a bowl of cereal doesn't count
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    a bowl of cereal doesn't count
    Think casserole, Jeanlouise
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I love to cook and sometimes I'll use more dishes, utinsles, etc., than my wife will. The diffrence I just do NOT understand is how she can make such a MESS...?!?

20+ years of Naval service taught me many, many things.... cleaning as I go is one. I'll spend half the morning and the whole afternoon in and out of the kitchen when I'm 'cooking', but when I'm done and it's just about supper time, the sink is empty.... with half the stuff already washed, dried, and put back where they belong. My wife.... you can hardly meanuever around in our kitchen when she's done.

The biggest reason I take care of the dirty croockery as I go...... I just don't wanna clean up that much after I eat... I'm fat, dumb, and happy by then. I call it motivation by lazy.
    Ransom likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Earthquakes really shake me up.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I hear ya, buuut... when my wife and daughters get to cooking together, they use a lot of pots, and the results are pretty amazingly good. However, I'm in goldshellback's camp: it's better to clean up as you go so there's not so much to do after the meal. Sometimes I help by doing clean-up while they are cooking, but I usually get pushed out because I'm in the way. I do most of my cooking in a single pot, but that's because of my limited cooking abilities and little incentive to improve.

VIP Member
    I just lick the spoon between dips. Cleans it right up.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    I grill.

If it didn't walk, crawl, fly or swim, I'm not interested in it.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Bachelor salad:

Cut lettuce head in half
    pour on dressing
    eat over sink.

No muss no fuss.
    OldVet likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Bachelor salad:

Cut lettuce head in half
    pour on dressing
    eat over sink.

No muss no fuss.
    Ahh, so that's why I make such a mess. I'm supposed to cut it in half first.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    LOL
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Okay, the mental picture of that just hit. LOL.

VIP Member
    Something interesting I came across today:

Our quote of the day is from Hal Medlin, 65, of Smyrna, Georgia. He is a Vietnam veteran who is still upset about the war's rules of engagement.
    Many enemy strongholds were off limits and the American military had to fight with one hand tied behind its back. Hal says: "On this day in 1968, I was in Saigon when the Tet offensive began. Leaving the next morning the roads were strewn with dead Viet Cong. We would have won that war and had half fewer deaths but for liberal politicians and those who protested even though we had troops in harms way.
    "If you get into a war, and that should be very, very rare, you should fight with everything to win. The months after Tet changed America forever into a weak nation. Thank a Democrat."
    msgt/ret, OldVet, dV8r and 1 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Something interesting I came across today:

Our quote of the day is from Hal Medlin, 65, of Smyrna, Georgia. He is a Vietnam veteran who is still upset about the war's rules of engagement.
    Many enemy strongholds were off limits and the American military had to fight with one hand tied behind its back. Hal says: "On this day in 1968, I was in Saigon when the Tet offensive began. Leaving the next morning the roads were strewn with dead Viet Cong. We would have won that war and had half fewer deaths but for liberal politicians and those who protested even though we had troops in harms way.
    "If you get into a war, and that should be very, very rare, you should fight with everything to win. The months after Tet changed America forever into a weak nation. Thank a Democrat."
    I was there...he is right. We all complained about how we were restricted by Washington on everything we did, even we aircrews were restricted.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Sponsored Links