Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!! - Page 3

Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by DaGunny Start hording the existing stock! They have a 200 year shelf life & will be used as currency in a post ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Start hording the existing stock! They have a 200 year shelf life & will be used as currency in a post apocalyptic world.
    You beat me to it. I couldn't believe it when I heard that on the radio this morning. I haven't eaten a Twinkie for a while but I will now have some stock in my safe. I don't have grandkids yet but I never thought I'd see the day when I wouldn't be able to spoil them with a twinkie before I sent him/her back home to the parents. Oh yeah, I'm stocking up baby. They aren't going to be any worse for you in 10 years than they are today.
    BigJon10125 and Jeanlouise like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Yet another thing we are depriving future generations of:Fried Twinkies, Buckle Bunnies and Bull Riders
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

All I can think about is Zombieland....
    goldshellback and JDE101 like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    There are a LOT of things bad for you that people have no problem with. Next time you have a scotch on the rocks remember that you're drinking something bad for you.
    One man's Twinkie is another man's Scotch.
    Scotch? You mean that stuff made by pouring grain alcohol through a can of Tube Rose snuff? I'll stick to my bourbon-soaked Twinkies, while they last.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

There's enough blame for both sides....

How about all of youze guys who think it's all the union's fault take a 10 % pay cut... and an equivalent cut in your health care, and lose the $$$ in your 401 Ks... and start the latter over.

If you don't want to do that...

You're fired. And lose ALL your health care and your 401 K anyway.

Now, find a job!

Good luck.

Meanwhile.... the owners will liquidate all assets... keep the money they gained by not improving/maintaining the company, it's product line, and its infrastructure... and take what there is left, line their pockets and go on to the next thing...

Creating 12 million new jobs.....

oh wait... he's not gonna be in office...

it's the other guy....

well, at least the ones out on the street will get unemployment.
    BigJon10125 and Hopyard like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Ex Member
    There WERE 1800 here in Indy. They were asked, because of falling market share/profit to take a 4% pay cut. Unions said no, so now they get a 100% pay cut. GOT to love the Liberal mind set.

Distinguished Member
    My favorite Hostess items are the Cup Cakes and their Raspberry Donuts. Not going to be the same and, regardless of "junk food" status, sad to see such a long standing company fold. It isn't a world shaking event, except for the soon-to-be unemployed workers. Am praying that they can find work. Not saying that management wasn't partly to blame, but it is interesting to note that the Union Leadership will still be employed and 18,500 people that depended on them, won't be.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I guarantee someone will pick up the brand and manufacturer them again, then they will be the twinky.... Undead... Zombie twinkies .... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Scotch? You mean that stuff made by pouring grain alcohol through a can of Tube Rose snuff? I'll stick to my bourbon-soaked Twinkies, while they last.
    Amen to that. Scotch is horrific.

And J-L, as a heart attack survivor concerned about his diet, I'll take a glass of whiskey over a Hostess product any day!

VIP Member
    You are so wrong!!! Unions and organize labor helped make this country. Any time you cheer for a baseball player or football player, or ask a police officer or fireman in any major city, you are asking a union member for help. This family supports organize labor!!!!
    Hopyard likes this.

Distinguished Member
    goldshellback and Echo_Four like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    My favorite Hostess items are the Cup Cakes and their Raspberry Donuts. Not going to be the same and, regardless of "junk food" status, sad to see such a long standing company fold. It isn't a world shaking event, except for the soon-to-be unemployed workers. Am praying that they can find work. Not saying that management wasn't partly to blame, but it is interesting to note that the Union Leadership will still be employed and 18,500 people that depended on them, won't be.
    And the office workers (usually non union) will also be unemployed.... but THEIR leaders will still be employed... if they choose to be... they certainly won't need to be.... even if the liquidation brings only pennies on the dollar.... they've already taken much more than they need to live a long, long time.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Twinkies will live forever!

LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    You are so wrong!!! Unions and organize labor helped make this country. Any time you cheer for a baseball player or football player, or ask a police officer or fireman in any major city, you are asking a union member for help. This family supports organize labor!!!!
    Unions helped but now help make the country less efficient, less able to compete on a national level. I used to work at Boeing and was part of a union. If union members would actually do their math, they would find out that a prolonged strike usually comes out as a net loss because of loss of pay during that strike is not made up for the benefits gained. But each person has the right to their opinion and I can respect yours even if I disagree with it. Just like ALL things, there are most likely unions who actually do well and don't kill the host while trying to squeeze out what they can for their membership. But I think a lot of them don't really give a rat's backside about their membership as long as they (the union leaders) still have a job.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links