Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!! - Page 4

Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; TWINKIES were tested to have a edible shelf life of over 25 years without refrigeration. That is no lie. So buy them up now and ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!!

Administrator
    TWINKIES were tested to have a edible shelf life of over 25 years without refrigeration.
    That is no lie. So buy them up now and you can stillbenjoy them a couple of decades from now.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    I am one of those folks that will not miss HOSTESS products too very much. I stopped eating their fruit pies years ago after taking the time out one day to read the list of ingredients.

HOSTESS EARLY DEMISE FRUIT PIES.

Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Ferrous Sulfate (Iron), B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Folic Acid)], Diced Apple (Sulfite Treated), Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable and/or Animal Shortening (Contains One or More of: Soybean, Cottonseed or Canola Oil), Beef Fat), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Sugar, Water, Brown Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Contains 2% or Less of: Soy Flour, Salt, Sweet Dairy Whey, Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium and Sodium Caseinate, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Sulfate, Agar, Locust Bean Gum, Dextrose, Sodium Phosphate, Corn Flour, Corn Dextrin, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Citric Acid, Cornstarch, Lemon Juice Solids, Lemon Oil, Potassium Citrate, Sorbitol, Tricalcium Phosphate, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Propionate and Sorbic Acid (to Retain Freshness), FD&C Yellow Dye #5, Red Dye #40.

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    My favorite Hostess items are the Cup Cakes and their Raspberry Donuts. Not going to be the same and, regardless of "junk food" status, sad to see such a long standing company fold. It isn't a world shaking event, except for the soon-to-be unemployed workers. Am praying that they can find work. Not saying that management wasn't partly to blame, but it is interesting to note that the Union Leadership will still be employed and 18,500 people that depended on them, won't be.
    Crap, I didn't think of the Raspberry Donuts! Those were a staple snack going dove hunting. The heck it isn't a world shaking event!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Crap, I didn't think of the Raspberry Donuts! Those were a staple snack going dove hunting. The heck it isn't a world shaking event!
    Raspberry Beaver Butt <castoreum> ...... LINK

On the Hostess web site, they've indicated they have asked permission to pursue bankruptcy. But I'm betting that's just a formality. Can't continue with what they don't have left. A low- to no-margin business running on fumes, with clog-your-heart products from wall to wall, and (though I haven't checked) likely enough debt to choke a mule. 18,000 staff will now need to look elsewhere, for their jobs and retirement that just went underfunded. Sayonara.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I mean, people have been eating healthier, a little at a time, for 30-40 years now. The only surprise is that it took so long for this iron frigate to sink. I live in a town that had two huge tobacco companies right downtown. All their products were produced right here in Durham as recently as the early 90's. Now we have, let me see, quick count, bring down the 2 and carry the 1, that leaves .... zero.

On the bright side, we've converted the old Liggett and Amer. Tobacco warehouses into office buildings, apartments, and downtown malls.

QKShooter and JDE101 like this.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

I did occasionally enjoy their chocolate cupcakes......
    accessbob likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    TWINKIES were tested to have a edible shelf life of over 25 years without refrigeration.
    That is no lie. So buy them up now and you can stillbenjoy them a couple of decades from now.
    I don't think any supply I could afford would last more than 6 months; demand would quickly
    outstrip the supply.
    QKShooter and packinnova like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Talk about the ultimate survival food.
    QKShooter likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    The world will be a healthier place...

Those things are just plastic that you can eat. As mentioned in another thread, I put one up at the beginning of each year in my classroom and bet the kids it looks the same 180 days later. Guess who wins that bet. Disgusting.

How could you not love me ??
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Ebay auction for last box of Twinkies. Good luck!

Twinkies American Snack One of The Last Boxes for The Zombie Apocalypse | eBay
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    I mean, people have been eating healthier, a little at a time, for 30-40 years now.
    I guess that explains the rampant obesity.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I guess that explains the rampant obesity.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

"Bankruptcy" does not always mean liquidation. There are several types of bankruptcy:
    Chapter 7 which is liquidation
    Chapter 11 which is reorganization (allows renegotiation of labor contracts)
    obamao managed which takes the investment of secured creditors (the bond holders) and gives it to the unions which is exactly what happen with GM.

Not sure which one the administration will allow...
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links