Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Twinkies Maker Hostess Going Out of Business | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................................ ..............OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Twinkies Maker Hostess Going Out of Business | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................................ ..............OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I can't remember the last decade where I consumed any of Hostess' products so I suppose I'll manage to survive. Nobody needs a Twinkie, but a lot of people who need jobs don't have them any more. I understand it was a self-inflicted wound -- a nationwide strike did the junkfooders in.

VIP Member
    In keeping with forum rules against political comments I will only say “There goes the Twinkie defense”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Not just Twinkies, Wonder Bread too.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    I can't remember the last decade where I consumed any of Hostess' products so I suppose I'll manage to survive. Nobody needs a Twinkie, but a lot of people who need jobs don't have them any more. I understand it was a self-inflicted wound -- a nationwide strike did the junkfooders in.
    I don't think that I have actually eaten one in the past decade either however, the option to consume a twinkie is now GONE!!!!!!!
    msgt/ret, Jeanlouise and darbo like this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Re: Twinkies are dead!!!!!!!!

Are twinkies on Michele Obama's approved food list?

-Jason

Dont worry people the one that are still around will last hundreds of years to come.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by Jab73180 View Post
    Are twinkies on Michele Obama's approved food list?

-Jason
    Her personal list.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I think it's a secret plot by Bloomberg.
    pgrass101, JDE101 and archer51 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

We don't have Drake's in FL so I sometimes buy Ding Dongs, and argue with the kids that I will only call them Ring Dings, no matter who makes them, I believe Drakes is owned by Hostess anyway. Growing up we'd go see my grandparents in VT every year and my grandfather would always have a plate of Ring Dings for us for dessert. Especially when I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll buy a box of Ding Dongs for the kids and I to share while I tell them of my Papa Bud, I've never been able to see one without thinking of him. I see a trip onto town today to grab a box, although I know it will take awhile for them to come off the shelves completely. It's kind of dumb but my computer screen went blurry for a second when I realized they've shut down the bakeries...
    pgrass101 and oneshot like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    When Twinkies return to the shelves with a "Made in China" label, I don't want to hear any complaints from the unions.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    With Hostest down we'll now have to buy BimBo Bread products! Their fortified with mind numbing supplements from Mexico! That what they feed Mexiforians aka Kalifornians aka CommieFornians aka Left Coastians, etc. They seem happy with more taxes and a lower standard of living!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    I love Twinkies, though I can't stand the same company's Wonder Bread.

Anyway, fear not. They will get made in China, with even more chemicals, and then be
    shipped here. They'll be back.

You can bet the "bankrupt" company will sell their patents, trade names, trademarks,
    manufacturing technology, and all of their intellectual property. Maybe they will simply close shop
    here and move to China. In a few years we'll be eating Twinkies contaminated by G-d knows what--
    same as with Chinese made dog treats.

Can you imagine the size of the Twinkie market over there?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Makes you wonder how things go down now that they are legalizing marijuana in many states and Twinkies are going away
    Jeanlouise and Ben Hennessy like this.
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

VIP Member
    Maybe they'll close up and re-open under another name in a Right-To-Work state.

Unions have to understand that sometimes "NO" means "NO". It's about time. The days are long gone when Unions actually looked out for their workers safety, health and well being.

It's kind of sad to think that there will be no more Twinkies.
    lchamp, Echo_Four, JDE101 and 2 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links