And now a word from the Queen - Page 2

And now a word from the Queen

This is a discussion on And now a word from the Queen within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Richard58 I'm not too much on the British at all, I'v been there and was glad to come home. After a while ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: And now a word from the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I'm not too much on the British at all, I'v been there and was glad to come home. After a while u start to get sick of their attitudes towards everything. They probably feel the same abt us yanks. That's why they r there and we r here...
    My experiences have been different. The Brits are a diverse people consisting of more than just the English. You will find all types in the UK, much like anywhere else.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Jeanlouise, you have started more random political threads on this forum in your few short weeks than anybody I can remember. I'm surprised our righteous mods have allowed this.
    WHAT? I haven't seen one tread from JL that has been NON - PC correct so why would the mods say anything? Most are humorous posts!

You always have the option of not reading them or posting to them. JMHO
    Jeanlouise likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Hold on I thought you were refering to Michelle Obama!
    zonker1986 likes this.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Not far from the truth
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I'm not too much on the British at all, I'v been there and was glad to come home. After a while u start to get sick of their attitudes towards everything. They probably feel the same abt us yanks. That's why they r there and we r here...
    I admit to playing a certain text based game (that was tough to admit to) that has it's servers based in the UK, where the creator lives. The majority of people who play it are from the UK and surrounding areas and the majority of them care very little and have an extremely poor attitude towards those of us who live across the pond. The site also has a forum which has a Non-Related (to the game) section and firearms topics come up quite often by American players and the majority of the UK players are down right, hardcore anti's.

The majority of the firearm topics created are usually about people who have decided to get into guns and wish to protect themselves and their families. I politely post in their thread saying "If you have any questions, mail me." and refer them to this site. I've gotten about 15 or so people from there to join here.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Re: And now a word from the Queen

I found an issue with your diatribe...

Britain still uses the imperial system.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

God save the queen. Hmm someone needs to save her with an agenda like that. LOL

Re: And now a word from the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by BritishAgent View Post
    Cute, but originally drafted 8 years ago (by dirty liberals) for when Bush won his second term.
    It would be nice to remember that there might be some liberal minded people on here before you start throwing stuff like "dirty liberals" around. Bad form as the British would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Britain still uses the imperial system.
    Actually it's a bit of a grey area. When I was in school there we were taught both Imperial and Metric. The trend is moving toward Metric, even to the point where market vendors are required to sell in Metric or face a fine, but Imperial is still holding firm in some areas.

VIP Member
    We should convert to metric, it's so much easier.
    wmhawth and Alex_C like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Indeed.

Metric is incredibly easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links