And now a word from the Queen

This is a discussion on And now a word from the Queen within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; queen.jpg To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II In light of your failure in recent years ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: And now a word from the Queen

VIP Member

queen.jpg

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except North Dakota , which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.
    Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

-----------------------

1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialect in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).

12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America . Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

13. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

Thank you and good evening.

God Save the Queen
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

mkh
    That should make my British motheri-inlaw happy.

Cute, but originally drafted 8 years ago (by dirty liberals) for when Bush won his second term.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Jeanlouise, you have started more random political threads on this forum in your few short weeks than anybody I can remember. I'm surprised our righteous mods have allowed this.
    Azchief and marcclarke like this.

Re: And now a word from the Queen

Bless her heart!
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)
    Bollocks. Or is that spelled Bollox?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Jeanlouise, you have started more random political threads on this forum in your few short weeks than anybody I can remember. I'm surprised our righteous mods have allowed this.
    This isn't political at all, it's just funny. A friend sent it to me the other day.

We can either laugh or cry about our state of affairs...laughing is better.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by BritishAgent View Post
    Cute, but originally drafted 8 years ago (by dirty liberals) for when Bush won his second term.
    This.

Points 8-11 (inclusive) are quite valid.

I'm not too much on the British at all, I'v been there and was glad to come home. After a while u start to get sick of their attitudes towards everything. They probably feel the same abt us yanks. That's why they r there and we r here...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Mum, one question and we'll consider your request: who's been swapping your meds with placebos? A passing though, really, but it would explain a lot I suspect.

Grouse, anyone?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

EEWWEE !! Boy im glad this is a joke... Eddie.

I concour with the points on the beer.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

This does indeed have all the flavour of a humorous programme. Obviously British satire that some of my neighbours may not find amusing at all.

The former Priest at my Episcopal church was from Birmingham.....England, not Alabama. He showed a printed copy of this to me many years ago and we got a good laugh. When I asked him if the Brits celebrate July 4th, "yes", he replied, "by wearing Black Armbands."
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This does indeed have all the flavour of a humorous programme. Obviously British satire that some of my neighbours may not find amusing at all.
    Yeah. Sort of like Upstairs, Downstairs ... only, Backwards and Sideways.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I'm not too much on the British at all, I'v been there and was glad to come home. After a while u start to get sick of their attitudes towards everything. They probably feel the same abt us yanks. That's why they r there and we r here...
    Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit. Even though you seem to have formed your own opinion that all British people are arseholes, I assure you that not all of us are bad.

The queen though? Yeah, she's a *****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links