Post Apocalyptic Currency

This is a discussion on Post Apocalyptic Currency within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HotGuns I can personally testify that a HO HO hits one in the head with more force that a Twinkie. Its all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Post Apocalyptic Currency

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I can personally testify that a HO HO hits one in the head with more force that a Twinkie.

Its all about the weight and the speed, or force that it hits you with. Although the Twinkie has a better ballistic coefficient and fly through the air better than the HO HO...remember...its mostly about weight.

The HO HO flying at the same speed as the Twinkie will cause a momentary lapse of consciousness if it hits you. The Twinkie on the other hand, will just bounce off of your noggin and fall to the floor, you will still have the ability to just pick it up and eat it.

This is no theory, but fact. It was proven to me by my Sister when I laughed at her choice of date for the senior prom...back in 1978.
    But a Twinkie, while lighter, will be propelled with more speed and therefore do equal or greater damage.
    gasman311 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    But a Twinkie, while lighter, will be propelled with more speed and therefore do equal or greater damage.
    Perhaps, but being lighter will shed velocity more quickley than the heavier Ho Ho, and it will be more wind sensitive.
    Wind sensitve could be a serious consideration such as in my case, when my Sister screamed loudly enough to excert a small hurricane force wind, which luckily for us, was short lived. I'm quite sure that in that case, the Ho Ho would have proceeded to its intended target(my head) and that the Twinkie would have been blown off course due to its lighter weight.
    Brad426 likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

HotGuns, Brad426 and pfries like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    What I find really funny about this whole thing is that there is a company out of Mexico that is working on obtaining the recipe and rights to continue producing them, and all these people are freaking out like they'll never see another Twinkie again.
    That would be Bimbo. They just bought Merita. I hope they have the cash or they are going to follow Merita and Hostess into BK. They are playing a little fast and loose. I'm sure the company we contract with is, or one of the companies we work with, is trying to get it too.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Today Hostess, tomorrow Little Debbie. It's TEOTWAWKI I tell you!
    atctimmy and pfries like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    A good argument could be made for them both "going through" equally speedily and doing similar damage.

Hostess evaporating: the ultimate game of Ding Dong ditch-it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Ding Dongs have more knockdown power because they are thrown like frisbees and the chocolate coating expands on impact.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Dark, dark! The horror of darkness, like a shroud, wraps me and bears me on through mist and cloud, for I have neglected tasting the sweet greasieness of a deep-fried twinkie at the county fair. Ever shall I regret an experience not captured.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Nice you are now well prepared for the apocolypse. But wait I dont see the beer in the photo. Back to the store.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I suspect think the Ho Hos will remain edible longer than the 9mm will remain shootable.

I have always heard that but recently found a few Twinkies in the cabinet that were 7-8 months old. They tasted OK but were VERY stale.

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Why on earth would someone pay that much for Twinkies? I just looked and there are some absolutely insane Buy It Now prices on them. I imagine there are those out there that will actually buy them too. What I find really funny about this whole thing is that there is a company out of Mexico that is working on obtaining the recipe and rights to continue producing them, and all these people are freaking out like they'll never see another Twinkie again.
    Yeah, but the ones for sale now are the Original "American Made" twinkies, not the outsourced little foreign cakes!
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Today Hostess, tomorrow Little Debbie. It's TEOTWAWKI I tell you!
    Have you seen little Debbie lately? She's about 425 pounds. She aint so little anymore! : )
    QKShooter likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I'll trade the twinkie for the 9mm!

1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Have you seen little Debbie lately? She's about 425 pounds. She aint so little anymore! : )
    And I just heard that the Morton Salt Girl was placed on a LOW SODIUM diet.

atctimmy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links