Oops! - Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group Shot Down at Pigeon Shoot - Page 2

Oops! - Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group Shot Down at Pigeon Shoot

This is a discussion on Oops! - Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group Shot Down at Pigeon Shoot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mkh I don't understand the logic behind a live pigeon shoot. Doesn't really sound like something I would be interested in. It ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Oops! - Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group Shot Down at Pigeon Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I don't understand the logic behind a live pigeon shoot. Doesn't really sound like something I would be interested in.
    It is not much different than a "put-take" Pheasant or other game bird hunt using pen raised birds. Some had a pigeon bar-b-q after the shoot. Not many pigeon shoots left though.
    Although not that great they all have a chance of flying out of there unscathed.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member
    Someone hit the drone with a rifle shot. Give that man a ceegarr ! Seems drone season is underway. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I can guarantee only one thing ...... if I own the property..... and it's flying over it .... to me it's invading my privacy and trespassing on my property..... and it's fair game at that point. They didn't respect someone else's rights but thought they had the 'right' to invade someone elses..... suffer the consequences .... learn a life lesson.

On the other hand, I don't think I would ever be seen at a live pigeon shoot for any reason.
    Last edited by Eagleks; November 19th, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
    mook012, lchamp, ccw9mm and 2 others like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I don't understand the logic behind a live pigeon shoot. Doesn't really sound like something I would be interested in.

But shooting down the drone is kind of funny.
    Pigeons do not fly with a predictable trajectory like a clay target. Much more realistic practice for hunting season than shooting trap or skeet.
    gasmitty likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    On the other hand, I don't think I would ever been seen at a live pigeon shoot for any reason.
    I might do to one.
    I probably wouldn't go to a dead pigeon shoot. Sounds boring. But that's just my opinion.
    pittypat21 and mcp1810 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Although not that great they all have a chance of flying out of there unscathed.
    You don't really believe that, do you? - they were being shot at before they really started flying; about 10 ft off the ground. Just b/c they get past the fence, doesn't mean they get away clean.

I can guarantee only one thing ...... if I own the property..... and it's flying over it .... to me it's invading my privacy and trespassing on my property..... and it's fair game at that point. They didn't respect someone else's rights but thought they had the 'right' to invade someone elses..... suffer the consequences .... learn a life lesson.
    ^^^ this ^^^

In addition, if I shot down a drone over my land, it would be a very difficult retrieval for the operator.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

In the spirit of "turnabout is fair play," I wonder how the bunny huggers would react if someone flew a helo - manned or unmanned - over their private property, took pictures/videos, and then posted those images on YouTube. I bet the screams would be deafening and the ACLU would come running.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    That is the goal. I believe that three previous drones were also shot down, so the launchers knew full well what to expect.
    Exactly. More propaganda and more money. Next time, they'll have a fleet of drones.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    I don't hunt but I have a serious dislike for those who want to stop it, especially those who think it's "inhumane." I'd use stronger language but I would like to be able to keep posting here.
    I don't hunt either, I have no issue if someone does, but I'd hardly count a live pigeon shoot as a hunt, and although I am all for firearms rights, seeing the videos posted by SHARK, I tend to be on their side. Too much ass-hattery / douchyness from the 'hunter', especially when they willfully assault the SHARK people and destroy their equipment.

to me it's ... trespassing on my property.....
    Except, legally speaking, that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Please cite where you need a special permit? It was an RC plane......and yes I know you can do a lot with them. I have a camera and gps on mine.
    The FAA requirements are evolving - here's just one: http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives...dance08-01.pdf

One of my company's numerous products is a backpack-sized, soldier-launched, battlefield "drone" = UAV. testing them, even in tethered flight, required an FAA pilot's license - I kid you not.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I believe it is illegal to harass wildlife and game with a drone, but I don't think boxed pigeons qualify. Drones don't need taxidermy!
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

This just in: The Supreme Court has amended there ruling that corporations are people and added so are drones......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    This thread is just droning on...
    bigmacque and msgt/ret like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The FAA requirements are evolving - here's just one: http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives...dance08-01.pdf

One of my company's numerous products is a backpack-sized, soldier-launched, battlefield "drone" = UAV. testing them, even in tethered flight, required an FAA pilot's license - I kid you not.
    That currently does not restrict the use of RC planes flown by private citizens. And before someone nitpicks they did no fly it over a "populated area". If they can be doing a pigeon hunt I hardly would call it populated.

From FAA.gov:

Do I need to get approval from the FAA to fly a model aircraft for recreation?
    No. FAA guidance does not address size of the model aircraft. FAA guidance says that model aircraft flights should be kept below 400 feet above ground level (AGL), should be flown a sufficient distance from populated areas and full scale aircraft, and are not for business purposes. 1, 2

V.

If I fly a UAS for business purposes, such as new technology development, am I required to get approval from the FAA?
    Yes. There are presently two methods of gaining FAA approval for flying UAS: Special Airworthiness Certificates - Experimental Category (SAC-EC) for civil aircraft, and Certificates of Waiver or Authorization (COA) for public aircraft. 1, 3
    I fly these for fun. My GPS module even gives me HUDS.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links