2 Apaches

This is a discussion on 2 Apaches within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Watch these guys do their job !!! http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f213b73d647e...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By leecheater
  • 1 Post By Sheldon J

Thread: 2 Apaches

2 Apaches

Watch these guys do their job !!! http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f213b73d647e
    Sheldon J and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

You can run but you can't hide.

Been up in a OH-58, UH-60, UH-1H, and CH-47, but never an AH-64. Both people on board have to be qualified pilots to be in one-- just wish I could have one chance to sit in the co-pilot seat.
    On another note, makes me wonder how many members of our society today are completely numb to videos like this due to the proliferation of video games like Call of Duty where you actually get to use FLIR and shoot the bad guy. Not giving any moral compass guidance at all, just waxing philosophically.

Get some!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

My nephew is a pilot in AH-64's in the Nat. Guard. I've been dying to go to the base so he can give me a tour and let me sit in one. Just haven't found the opportunity to go yet.

He doesn't get to fly them as much as he used to because he's now a Captain and not a Warrant Officer. When he was in A-Stan, he was a 1st Lt and flew them more often even though he was the units logistics officer.

He said usually, a warrant officer pilots the aircraft and if you're a commissioned officer, you end up being the weapons officer. 2nd Lt's get to pilot them about as much as warrant officers, but once you start going up in rank, you get other responsibilities. He thought about giving up his commission to become a warrant so he could pilot more, but decided against it for pay and retirement benefit reasons. Hopefully, he'll make Lt Col by the time he retires and get a sweet little pension.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Wow.. They rock!

I thought this was gonna be "2 apaches walk into a bar" type of thread LOL,The Apaches are great gunships,but IMHO the Cobras do a better job of engaging "Soft Targets" once those 30 mm start going off even tho they are exploding rounds it obscures the target,a burst of 7.62 from Mini Guns would not only allow you to continue to see the impact area,but totally riddle the BG's,then use the 2.75 rockets with flechettes to finish the job
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    FLIR, making targets of bad guys.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Moderator
    You can't hide, you can only die
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

sooo sad.... they ran out of 30 mm before they ran out of Talaban....
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Makes you wonder how many of the taliban/terrorists have been killed over the last decade. This video documents the results of two Apaches in one engagement. This has probably happened countless times over there. Unfortunately they just keep coming...

Pretty brutal stuff - not judging, either. It was them or our guys.

mkh
    Awesome stuff firepower.

Our ability to be angels of destruction amazes me.

Links