Fall Feast

This is a discussion on Fall Feast within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by oneshot Next time some whiner gives me static about this type of malarkey, I'm going to give them a tincup, tell them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Fall Feast

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Next time some whiner gives me static about this type of malarkey, I'm going to give them a tincup, tell them to start panhandling until they get enough money to go back to wherever they came from.

I'm about ready to throw up in my mouth from this kind of garbage.
    I couldn't possibly agree more. PC can kiss my ass. I'll remain calling holidays what I grew up as them being and teaching my children the same until I enter Heaven.
    msgt/ret and jackson85746 like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

2. Remove Ads

I won't disagree. Sometimes I wonder if it's better to cry with the saints or drink with the sinners, but that's a story for another time.

It's guilt, pure and simple. People who say things like this are riddled with self guilt and their only outlet is through making others feel guilt for something they had no hand in doing. Remember when a group tried to get all of the colleges to change their mascots if it was native American in connotation? FSU and others? Well, turns out to be a bunch of white do-gooders that had less Native American in them than Custer. I just don't get it.
    JoJoGunn, Jeanlouise and oneshot like this.

Fall Feast

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Happy/Merry:

Ash Wednesday
    Good Friday
    Easter
    Christmas
    Veteran's Day
    Memorial Day
    Flag Day
    Armistice Day
    Independence Day
    Washington's Birthday
    Robert E Lee's Birthday
    Thanksgiving

I'm sure I have left out some other non-PC days - How about a little help!
    Columbus Day

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    She said we're not supposed to say Happy Thanksgiving anymore because it's not politically correct.
    Thankfully, faux-politics apologists have never been too popular in my family. Leastwise, the Whigs never were. The Toreys though ... Never could tell, with them.

Family gatherings just were. Unreligious, un-PC, unrepentant, unadulterated enjoyment of everyone's company. IMO, just as it should be. Simple and sweet, whatever others call it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Happy Fall Fest sounds like a Druid festival.

I don't understand what's NOT PC about Happy Thanksgiving. It's not a religious holiday. Is it the word "Happy" that offends them or the word "Thanksgiving"?

I have to say that I love living where I do. It's the opposite of PC. Everyone wishes everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Thanksgiving, whatever. We even still have a town Christmas tree in the square and a Christmas parade where Santa
    shows up at the end and waves to the little kids.

I used to live in Northern Virginia, the bastion of PC. The Liberals (sorry, it IS the Liberals that are pushing this agenda) have sucked the joy out of living in that area.

The local High School still has a beautiful Christmas concert just before school gets out and they sing all sorts of Christmas songs from "Here Comes Santa Clause" to "O Holy Night". The best part is the tradition of the whole choir circling the auditorium, turning the lights off and then each lighting a candle and singing "Silent Night". It makes your eyes tear up.

I don't know how long they'll be able to do this before someone takes them to court to stop it. But for now, it's wonderful.
    It's Whitey's oppression once again, of course. Celebrating the conquering of the Natives, taking their land, and kicking them out. You know, it's just one of our many attocities as a nation. Now get ready for the next holiday. National go buy more crap day.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 22nd, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links