Fall Feast

This is a discussion on Fall Feast within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A friend of my wife told me to have a wonderful Fall Feast. I asked her what in Hades she was talking about. She said ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Fall Feast

Fall Feast

A friend of my wife told me to have a wonderful Fall Feast. I asked her what in Hades she was talking about. She said we're not supposed to say Happy Thanksgiving anymore because it's not politically correct. I asked her if it was PC for me to tell her to get bent. I then reminded her that it's not PC to say PC. From now on I'd like it called Intellectual Fascism.
    Somehow, I'm the a-hole according to the wifey.
    RKflorida, mkh, atctimmy and 4 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    "Fall Feast", huh? Okay, some one needs to call Macy's. Tell them to change the name of their parade.

BTW - The rudeness was not in your opinion. It was in pointing out the friend's idiocy. Most folks consider it rude to point out that another is completely crack-brained.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Fall feast is a new one for me...I say "Merry Christmas" just to pi.. off the PC police.
    msgt/ret and jackson85746 like this.

I do find myself saying Merry Christmas with a little more, eh, emphasis nowadays. I am really wishing them a Merry Christmas, but I'm also getting my point across. I mean really, you could wish me a Happy Slap a White Guy Day and I'm just gonna say back at ya, bud. I'm not going to tell them it needs to be called Strike a EuroAmerican Non-Denominational Gender Non-Specific 24 Hour Period.
    We had a great coffee chain here in Michigan called Beaners which has been around for years. Then, about 2009, the CEO changed the name to Bigby's to be more PC. He got slammed by a member of the local Hispanic Anti-Defamation League for basically alluding that Mexican Americans wouldn't be able to figure out that the name refers to coffee beans, not a derogatory term. I could have hugged her for that.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    I do find myself saying Merry Christmas with a little more, eh, emphasis nowadays. I am really wishing them a Merry Christmas, but I'm also getting my point across. I mean really, you could wish me a Happy Slap a White Guy Day and I'm just gonna say back at ya, bud. I'm not going to tell them it needs to be called Strike a EuroAmerican Non-Denominational Gender Non-Specific 24 Hour Period.
    We had a great coffee chain here in Michigan called Beaners which has been around for years. Then, about 2009, the CEO changed the name to Bigby's to be more PC. He got slammed by a member of the local Hispanic Anti-Defamation League for basically alluding that Mexican Americans wouldn't be able to figure out that the name refers to coffee beans, not a derogatory term. I could have hugged her for that.
    It's still Beaners to me. Biggby is a Michigan success story. They may have been idiots for changing the name, but I can put up with that from a successful company.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Kind of like when one school district tried to force the teachers and students to refere to Easter eggs as "spring spheres". I loved that one. The problem there being that eggs are in no way shape or form, a SPHERE! So to be PC, the school was actually teaching the kids wrong information... but I guess that was the first time that has happened, right?
    Walk softly ...

Happy/Merry:

Ash Wednesday
    Good Friday
    Easter
    Christmas
    Veteran's Day
    Memorial Day
    Flag Day
    Armistice Day
    Independence Day
    Washington's Birthday
    Robert E Lee's Birthday
    Thanksgiving

I'm sure I have left out some other non-PC days - How about a little help!
    foxytwo and msgt/ret like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

The membership of this organization is growing rapidly :

L.O.P.O. (The Loyal Order of the Perpetually Offended)

It seems you can't wish anyone anything without someone being "offended." I'm just about dang sick of it too. If someone finds my greeting "offensive" well tough. Just let it slid off and go on with life. I might be offended by them, it's a two-way street ya know.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; November 21st, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
    mkh and msgt/ret like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Happy/Merry:

Ash Wednesday
    Good Friday
    Easter
    Christmas
    Veteran's Day
    Memorial Day
    Flag Day
    Armistice Day
    Independence Day
    Washington's Birthday
    Robert E Lee's Birthday
    Thanksgiving

I'm sure I have left out some other non-PC days - How about a little help!
    One of my church peeps always says, loudly, "Merry Sunday!"
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I absolutely refuse to buy “holiday” cards and will ask if they have any Christmas cards instead. And if they are offended just get over it.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If anyone tells me to have a Happy Fall Feast I will unfriend them on Facebook and never text them again.

Distinguished Member
    Happy Fall Fest sounds like a Druid festival.

I don't understand what's NOT PC about Happy Thanksgiving. It's not a religious holiday. Is it the word "Happy" that offends them or the word "Thanksgiving"?

I have to say that I love living where I do. It's the opposite of PC. Everyone wishes everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Thanksgiving, whatever. We even still have a town Christmas tree in the square and a Christmas parade where Santa
    shows up at the end and waves to the little kids.

I used to live in Northern Virginia, the bastion of PC. The Liberals (sorry, it IS the Liberals that are pushing this agenda) have sucked the joy out of living in that area.

The local High School still has a beautiful Christmas concert just before school gets out and they sing all sorts of Christmas songs from "Here Comes Santa Clause" to "O Holy Night". The best part is the tradition of the whole choir circling the auditorium, turning the lights off and then each lighting a candle and singing "Silent Night". It makes your eyes tear up.

I don't know how long they'll be able to do this before someone takes them to court to stop it. But for now, it's wonderful.
    oneshot, JoJoGunn and blitzburgh like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Happy Fall Fest sounds like a Druid festival.

I don't understand what's NOT PC about Happy Thanksgiving. It's not a religious holiday. Is it the word "Happy" that offends them or the word "Thanksgiving"?

I have to say that I love living where I do. It's the opposite of PC. Everyone wishes everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Thanksgiving, whatever. We even still have a town Christmas tree in the square and a Christmas parade where Santa
    shows up at the end and waves to the little kids.

I used to live in Northern Virginia, the bastion of PC. The Liberals (sorry, it IS the Liberals that are pushing this agenda) have sucked the joy out of living in that area.

The local High School still has a beautiful Christmas concert just before school gets out and they sing all sorts of Christmas songs from "Here Comes Santa Clause" to "O Holy Night". The best part is the tradition of the whole choir circling the auditorium, turning the lights off and then each lighting a candle and singing "Silent Night". It makes your eyes tear up.

I don't know how long they'll be able to do this before someone takes them to court to stop it. But for now, it's wonderful.
    It may just be me but is seems liberals are eternally miserable and demand that others be as miserable as they are.
    Grinder, JoJoGunn and Jeanlouise like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Next time some whiner gives me static about this type of malarkey, I'm going to give them a tincup, tell them to start panhandling until they get enough money to go back to wherever they came from.

I'm about ready to throw up in my mouth from this kind of garbage.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Right about now is when a liberal will chime in and tell us that we are oppressing them with our holiday speak. To that liberal I say "insert ten point penalty here"! Oh and I'll also wish them a happy Thanksgiving.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links