????????????? Any ideas what this is? - Page 3

????????????? Any ideas what this is?

This is a discussion on ????????????? Any ideas what this is? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Given the date and time, 11-6 @ 23:35, it's probably Romney's campaign going up in smoke....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: ????????????? Any ideas what this is?

VIP Member
    Given the date and time, 11-6 @ 23:35, it's probably Romney's campaign going up in smoke.
    Macantic, Alex_C, NMB and 1 others like this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I'm thinking cottonwood really close to the camera?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

MJK
    First, you can see tree limbs in the background so the intervening area is filled with a translucent material. Also, since it was illuminated by a flash much of the light is reflected back into the lens. Note the irregular boundary on the left side of the "object" which appears to become progressively denser toward the center of the picture.

My guess is that there is a relatively concentrated source of evaporating moisture just below and to the right side of the camera - perhaps a pile of warm, moist soil, decaying leaves, excrement, a warm spring, or a deer's exhalation (as actimmy noted). As the air cooled during the evening the moisture from this source saturated the air, condensed and appeared as a local "fog" when the camera was triggered.

This is somewhat unusual but not rare...I've witnessed similar occurrences on occasion while camping and using a flashlight.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

????????????? Any ideas what this is?

It is water vapor. The temp in that area was below the dew point for that particular area. I have seen fog early in especially lower areas that looks very similar. Natural composting process also creates warm moist air. Nothing like watching the steam from a fresh pile of horse manure in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason that I always use the 3 photo sequence setting on my game cameras ;)
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Re: ????????????? Any ideas what this is?

Romney's campaign lost in the fog it is then.

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Wow, really does look like a face in the left side... This near the amityville horror house? Did you hear "Get Out!" as you pulled the cam up?
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I posted this on several boards. General opinion seems to be an animal exhaling right beside the cam.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post
    I posted this on several boards. General opinion seems to be an animal exhaling right beside the cam.
    Well it's either that or your camera picked up the instant that someone smoked your game that WAS standing there.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Ghost etcoplasm...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links