Getting older - Page 3

Getting older

This is a discussion on Getting older within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've got a guy on my hockey team who's 74 and still plays with a bit of an edge. I'll be happy to do half ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Getting older

I've got a guy on my hockey team who's 74 and still plays with a bit of an edge. I'll be happy to do half of what this guy does when I'm 74.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    It's all part of the big picture.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    As a wild animal handler, I was wrestling alligators (literally) when I was 70. Then I figgered the gators were getting faster than I, so I quit doing that. I would never slow down, that's for sure.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    My 24 year old son plays with a recreational Hockey League. Before the games start there's about 2 hours of free shooting/free skate. He said that there's a doctor in his late 60's that plays a lot and he kills most of the young guys. He doesn't play for hours like the younger guys but for the 1/2 hour to 45 minutes he's out there, he can't be stopped.
    grav likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I turned 50 on the 9th. My husband looked at me and asked how does it feel getting old lol. I looked at him and said you are almost 70 so you must have plenty of experience. Tell me all about it lol. I don't know how my sons generation is going to survive to our age. They have more aches and pains than Carter has liver pills or peanuts for that matter. My son, age 25, is about dying everyday from something lol.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

"I'm so far over the hill that I don't remember seeing the hump." ~ Chill Wills
    grav likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Tip learned during a 25 mile hike when I sprained my knee..
    A fellow hiker and a police officer came up to me and said to crush the ibuprofens and place them between cheek and gum like skoal, wait 5-10 minutes and then drink fluid to swish out and swallow the remaining powder, thn you MUST eat.
    In 5 minutes I was walking with only discomfort.

I get a bit bitter about aging-related debilitation. It's inexorable, even if you don't make any mistakes.
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's heartlessly pushing who off of a cliff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links