Getting older

Getting older

This is a discussion on Getting older within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just spent the last 4 hours putting together a dining room set we bought. I remember when pain had the compassion to wait one or ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Getting older

Getting older

Just spent the last 4 hours putting together a dining room set we bought.
    I remember when pain had the compassion to wait one or two days before kicking in. Fully convinced a ninja snuck in while I was working and beat me with a crowbar around the back and neck.

One word...Motrin.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Love me some 800mg Motrin. Army candy.

VIP Member
    I second the Motrin 800 mg but don't forget to eat something when you take it or you'll be sooooorry.
    QKShooter and archer51 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Its a sad realization when you see your youth slip away. I can already see it happening to me, I can't do the things I used to be able to when I was younger. I have a better perspective as I've gotten older but it has come at a price like everything else I suppose.

The Motrin sounds like good advice, I'll have to stock up on some. ;-)

I feel you. Just getting out of bed makes my knees and ankles sound like popcorn popping in the microwave.
    goldshellback and darbo like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Administrator
    Yes, but think about the fruits of your labor and how fantastic that table is going to look all set with Thanksgiving bounty.

There is no doubt that I am getting older but, I still feel in good shape until the weak link acts up...which would be my wacky lower back.

But, that is what the kings have in common with the country folks....the clock ticks & every year we all get one year older.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Getting older is good, the alternative is bad. AT 72 I am still looking forward, but I take aleve for the pains.
    RichB70, TheGiant and minimalbrat like this.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Snort. I'm sitting at the computer at 7:25 in the morning on one of the few days I *could* have slept in... waiting for the Ibuprofen to kick in for my shoulder's unhappy rotator cuff.

To all you young folks out there: I'm old and fat. You're stuck with getting old. Work on not getting fat, too. You'll thank me.
    Hopyard, msgt/ret and darbo like this.

mkh
    Look on the bright side...those of us that aren't getting older are already dead.

Yeah, kinda upset about being old, but it beats the heck outa the alternative..
    minimalbrat likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The problem is we still think we are still young. Last year the neighborhoods started a softball team and asked me to play. Not to brag, but in the day I was a pretty good player. On my first at bat I hit a double down the line. I thought I was going to die by the time I rounded first. My next at bat was a fly ball, all I could think was "please catch it, please catch it!".
    RoadKill, Lish, tacman605 and 1 others like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I started feeling old when I got my first Social Security check...It said "old age pension"...kinda hit me up beside the head, it did. That was a long time ago.

I don't remember what comedian said it, but the comment, "You know you're getting old when your body starts making noise getting INTO bed". I'm agreeing with him. I'm actually not that old, but years of jumping up and down off of tanks and Bradleys and 15 mile forced ruck marches take a toll on a body. Alieve is great, Motrin is still my fav, but ever once in awhile, when the ol lumbar acts up from something stupid I did years ago, some Doans does the trick.
    I agree with everyone, I'd rather be getting old than getting dead.

Ya know you are getting old when you sit on your testicals,trying to take a BM.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links