Bug out bags

Bug out bags

This is a discussion on Bug out bags within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know this probably has been brought up before. But what items would most of you that has bug out bags consider to be the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: Bug out bags

Bug out bags

I know this probably has been brought up before. But what items would most of you that has bug out bags consider to be the most essential. What would be the bare minimum to carry with you in a bug out situation. Thanks for the time and stay safe.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    My Bob is actually two large storage trunks. Where we live Fire is the only reason I can see needing to bug out. So in those two trunks are enough food and water for a couple of days to cover us, our horses, dogs, cats, and a couple of extra people. our most likely place to bug out to is the high school football field. So next to those trunks are our camping gear, pet crates, water jugs, and tarps. I have also thought that If my house was destroyed and gone I could still make a living if I had my tools. If it comes time to bug out and there's any extra room at least my hand tools will be going! DR

Same here. We can food and meats, have plenty of water, and I'm not about to run off and leave a life's effort to someone else. Seems it makes more sense to buy an extra case or two of canned goods and water everytime you go to a grocery store than to waste money on bug out stuff.

I'd rather make people " bug off" than " bug out".
    I also really think the " bug out" term has become too generic and needs to be reevaluated.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

QKShooter likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

]I always say keep it simple. I break my BOB into categorie

Water

Food

Fire

Shelter

Good Knife

First Aid Kit

Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links