Happy Thanksgiving and thinking about our country

This is a discussion on Happy Thanksgiving and thinking about our country within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Happy Thanksgiving to everybody. I am sitting here thinking about our country and I am feeling happy that I am at least old enough to ...

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving and thinking about our country

Happy Thanksgiving and thinking about our country

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody. I am sitting here thinking about our country and I am feeling happy that I am at least old enough to remember how it once was to live in the United States, before our politicians decided it was time to change this country into something different, what has changed in this country years ago we had presidents like Teddy Roosevelt he was about as far away as you could get from a groomed politician but he is my hero, I can only go back to the 1950s and 1960s and 70s and I remember this country was flourishing we were the leaders in technology just about everything was made in the United States, people were happy, there was only one member in a household who had to work to support a family, most families only had one car, most children played outside not sitting in front of a computer, when I was young my favorite toy was the woods I would be out all day with my knife and BB gun and would not come out of the woods until it was starting to get dark out, today children sit in front of their video games and when they go to school if a child just swings his leg back-and-forth they get put on medication something is very wrong here, people enjoyed living free but it seems today they like to live being controlled by our government, state, and local officials, they just do not like to take care of themselves and they seem to think nobody else should have the right to take care of themselves, my grandparents were survivalist and they didn't even know it everybody in their era new how to survive without electricity going through a depression most everybody knew how to preserve food, when you went to a supermarket just about everything was from the United States and you were actually eating food not chemicals, but it seems today large food corporations would rather purchase food from China if they can get it for one penny less a pound rather than purchase it here in the United States and support our local farmers, and it seems the American public is okay with this, what I miss the most is the feeling of being free not being watched not being controlled and not having my rights being given away by this new generation of people in the United States just remember our government can only take what the majority of people are willing to give them, one of the biggest downfalls of this country was when they created a Republican and Democratic Party those two parties act more like they are two different countries who are trying to put the screws to to each other with no regards to what happens to this country

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I can't disagree with anything you said.

VIP Member
    I remember those days too, as probably many here do. Take heart, we can get this country back again. We just have to hang together and work for it.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links