Favorite Thanksgiving food?

This is a discussion on Favorite Thanksgiving food? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sweet potato casserole - my entire life I refused to even try it, then several years ago when I was teaching ese we would make ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Favorite Thanksgiving food?

Sweet potato casserole - my entire life I refused to even try it, then several years ago when I was teaching ese we would make a Thanksgiving feast every year. One of my classroom assistants made a sweet potato casserole and talked me into trying it...I loved it! I've made it ever since and I can't help but think of my students and colleagues from those days, several of whom are gone now - we lost a couple students over the years and a colleague too, all much too young. It tugs on my heart strings, but the Thanksgiving feasts were happy memories and that sweet potato casserole was a recipe from those days so it brings be back there.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    Sweet potato casserole - my entire life I refused to even try it, then several years ago one of my classroom assistants talked me into trying it...I loved it! I've made it ever since.
    We should always try new foods . . . we don't know what we're missing until we try it. There have also been many things I used to hate, but now love. LOL Tastes change!

One of my sons who used to be a pretty picky eater, has become an amazingly adventurous connoisseur.

Glad you're enjoying sweet potato casserole!
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

A good chutney ... cherry, apple, whatever.

Pumpkin pie made from scratch.

Occasional chocolate fudge, made by one distant relative who was a particularly good baker/cook. Decades ago, but the family still speaks highly of her, and her wonderful recipe.

Stuffing, fresh and hot from the bird.

A nip of nog, spiced just right.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Fried turkey, coated with my own creole dry rub, and injected with creole butter, fried up with my son's assistance, along with my wife's chicken and dressing made with homemade cornbread, served up with family around. And with the aforementioned sweet potato casserole and jellied cranberry sauce!
    NRA Life Member

Stuffing!!!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ham... Not the biggest turkey fan here. With sweet potato casserole and corn pudding!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links