Someone you are Thankful for and why?

This is a discussion on Someone you are Thankful for and why? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Who (relationship to you - friend, Mom, Dad, teacher, co-worker - no names necessary) is someone you are thankful for and why? Lesson taught, sacrifices ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Someone you are Thankful for and why?

Question Someone you are Thankful for and why?

Who (relationship to you - friend, Mom, Dad, teacher, co-worker - no names necessary) is someone you are thankful for and why? Lesson taught, sacrifices made, kind words given in a stressful time, etc.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    As an increasingly-avid family genealogist, I am thankful for each and every one of those who came before. Without each one of them, I would not be.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Jesus Christ brought truth and grace then gave His life for me. Everything and everyone else pales by comparison. I could not properly cherish my wife and children without him.
    RAL, mkh, rstanek and 1 others like this.

My mother. She's always been there for me in good and bad times.
    RAL likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

mkh
    I'm thankful that my mom and dad brought me up with Christian values and a sense of awe and respect for this country, our flag and especially the sacrifice of our armed forces.

I read the post earlier today about Lindsey Stone and set here and cried while replying. I am glad my parents taught me respect.
    sigs and RAL like this.

VIP Member
    My father and mother, they did fine job bringing me up!
    RAL likes this.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Jesus first and foremost and my wife.
    sigs, rstanek and RAL like this.
    SCGunLover1

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    1. Jesus Christ for saving me...
    My son Bobby the Marine, who is currently in Kuwait practicing for an eventuality.
    I'm also thankful for my 3 daughters and 6 grandchildren but Bobby is the one on my mind today.
    sigs, RAL and scgunlover1 like this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    There are several that I am thankful for but if it not for my wife I would not be here to talk about it. She saved my life twice and held my hand after my quad and my last heart attack she got a hold of my kids so they could be with me in what was thought to be my last hours, 20hrs in a coma, but with there prayers Creator said let him have another shot. Thanks to all of you for your input and humor, advice and being part of my life. Truely God Bless you all
    RAL likes this.

VIP Member
    There are many things I'm thankful for but my church and family is tops on the list!

The other day I came out of Sam's Club and watched all the people hurrying around, going about their normal activities, smiling and getting ready for Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas season. Suddenly in my mind I saw the image I had seen earlier in the day on the news of Middle Eastern men yelling, shaking their rifles in the air, a man being dragged theough the streets and I was struck how thankful and really blessed I am to live in this country. I'm so greatful that our lives are ones of peace and family. I'm so greatful for the "normalness" of it all.
    wmhawth and RAL like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Someone you are Thankful for and why?

Alexander Fleming for discovering the antibiotic properties of the mold penicillin in 1928. (I have a nasty infection on a cut)

and of course Jesus, wife, kids, parents, and John Browning.
    RAL likes this.

Despite that I am working today (and having a very frustrating and long day) when I could be 15 minutes away with my family, I am still thankfull for the lord for providing my job...others have it worse than me.
    RAL likes this.

I am thankful for Jesus Christ who is the center of my life. My husband, sons & their wives, and my grandchildren are wonderful blessings. Thank you to all of you in the military, law enforcement, fire, and rescue personel who are working today to help those in need and to keep us safe. Thank you to those who have gone before us to give and maintain our liberty - may we be worthy of your sacrifice.

Thank you to each of you who has felt thankful for someone else!
    sigs and Brady like this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

My grandfather. Taught me respect and integrity. A small man with limited early education and opportunities, throughout his life he nonetheless became beloved of all who knew him. For the chance to partake of his wisdom and to get to know him well before he passed, I will always be thankful.
    RAL likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

My son's neurologist. My 7 year old has epilepsy and it's been a scary road. His current neurologist is fabulous. We're on our 4th med in the 6 years we've been on this road - some had horrible side effects. But his current neuro has been the first that actually listens to my concerns and takes the time to explain why we should try the next one. Every annual 24 hr EEG he comes to see us and touch base. We're now several years without a "big" seizure (a grand mal) and a month since a complex partial - he's actually only had 6 seizures this calendar year. Every seizure free day is a good day.

Another is my boys' football coaches - 3 of my kids are on the same team. They teach not only the game but respect, life lessons, doing well in school and at home as well as on the field. They let my epileptic mentioned above play on their team, without a fight, just like any of the other boys and embraced him. They treated him like any other kid. And when you have a kid who's not like every other kid, that's what you want most for them. He's got some developmental delays due to his epilepsy, he's in special Ed and can be a bit of a handful. They treated him like any other kid and taught the other boys on the team to help him out. They'll never know how much that means to this momma.
    RAL likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links