Thanksgiving I get to feed the sheep!

This is a discussion on Thanksgiving I get to feed the sheep! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife has a huge extended family. So she decided to invite them all over today. We are both working full time plus these days ...

Thread: Thanksgiving I get to feed the sheep!

VIP Member

My wife has a huge extended family. So she decided to invite them all over today. We are both working full time plus these days and it is a huge huge pain in the butt. Most of her half and step brothers and sisters are the untrainable and useless "sheep" They bring their adult kids with them and you know what they say the apple does not fall far from the tree. So I get to feed and try to entertain them for the better part of the dame.

Next year maybe we just have some close friends over and skip the circus.

Let me know about how great or not so great your day will be.

Yes I am thankful and will do my best to lead the "sheep" by example.

Relax, bro. It's Thanksgiving. Family will always be there. Unless they've personally wronged you, why not just give them some turkey, drink some beers and watch football?

Why are they sheep?

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and time with family.

No sheep here, it's my mother, father, sister, her fiance and my niece. All CC'ing except for the little one of course, enjoying some good food, the football game, and enjoying the time. Hope all is lucky enough to be doing the same!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Just the wife and me for dinner...yep, we both carry.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Next year you should have a true old fashioned Thanksgiving. You and your boys should go turkey hunting, bring the turkey home for your wife and her sisters to prepare. If they don't like firearms or start making bad remarks about them then they are free to leave and not partake of what a firearm has allowed you to provide. I imagine they won't be complaining too much after that.

RAL
    In the past we did not live close to any family so we found another family in the same circumstances and invited them over. We cooked and they brought some of the fixens. We had a wonderful time!

Sometimes family is who you choose to be with.

Hope you've had a better day than you expected!
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

I only have problems with the step son (uber liberal worthless piece of......), but all are over 1,000 away so it is just a quiet day for the wife and me.

I wish my family was into carrying or firearms at all. My father in-law and his wife carry but do not believe in home carry or yard carry so we know when we go there they aren't carrying.

I told my husband, when we have kids and have our own Thanksgiving I am going to open carry. It would be so nice to put on my OWB custom kydex holster he made me and just wear it proud on my hip. Can't do that right now at the turkey table.. but soon! (I hope )

VIP Member
    I spent Thanksgiving in gun-free Maryland with my gun-free in-laws. It all worked out fine.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Tuff luck, sometimes when we all get together, after dinner, we end up passing a couple handguns around the table. Whatever someone happened to be carrying. usually mine.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

My family is slowly "seeing the writing on the wall" and have started asking questions about CCW. Of course, I'm happy to help them out, and one son and his family are all scheduled to attend their first concealed carry class. Another daughter-in-law was asking over turkey dinner, about what to buy for self protection. Happy to see them finally turning the corner.

VIP Member
    Thanks for your support!

It turned out ok. Had some good conversation with them. Sheep are still sheep but I got them thinking! Next year my wife and I will just have our good friends over or do what my mother and father do and go on vacation!

Glad it turned out ok. I think just about everyone in my family is pro-gun, so we ended up discussing guns for most of Thanksgiving.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    Glad it turned out ok. I think just about everyone in my family is pro-gun, so we ended up discussing guns for most of Thanksgiving.
    as it should be

what else football???

Sponsored Links