New scary thoughts walking to hunting spots in NPE (BEC thanks QKShooter)

This is a discussion on New scary thoughts walking to hunting spots in NPE (BEC thanks QKShooter) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First time I ever heard of them as well. So I'm glad you shared. As WHEC724 pointed out, I'm good with God. I've prayed before ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: New scary thoughts walking to hunting spots in NPE (BEC thanks QKShooter)

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    First time I ever heard of them as well. So I'm glad you shared. As WHEC724 pointed out, I'm good with God. I've prayed before in scary situations, and wouldn't hesitate to do so again.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

2. Remove Ads

I too, have never heard of this before until now. I'll admit that I only watched the video posted in the Random Thoughts thread and haven't yet hit Google. I find it odd that they just want "let in", as if to inflict harm (based on the feeling of dread and panic) yet when the 16 year old punched one in the face, they didn't respond with violence. The only thing I can think of, especially after reading the other post that was more religious based, was that by letting them into your residence, you let them and their evil into your heart.

Off to Google I go, though I may come to regret it.

Edit: I too am good with God and try my best to live as I should, which brought me to conclusion that letting them in, let's them into you.. I've seen evil on more than enough occasions in humans and a few animals. IMO, you can't believe in angels without believing in their opposite..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Okay, so I'm sitting here and its dark out and I'm again thinking about these dang BEC/BEK. They have to be invited in,...I wonder though, assuming their demons, would it cause harm to the 'victim' who is being pestered by them to take a picture/pictures? Even the more basic cell phones have cameras on them these days. I wonder if they would even show in a picture ?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I had NO IDEA y'all hunted around my...ex-wife's cabin. Let me give you a heads-up. You don't wanna' be out there at High Noon either.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Administrator
    I am not absolutely certain that the Black Eyed Children are necessarily evil.

Since we were all little babies we constantly look at human faces and particularity the eyes.

We do that to instantly determine if that person is happy or sad or mad or serious or "deep in thought" and/or myriad of other things. The eyes reflect feelings and emotions and pain, loneliness, craziness, aggression, drug use...etc etc.

And so also everything in our common sense and ingrained memory expects to see Brown eyes or Blue eyes or Green eyes or Grey eyes etc.

Our respective minds allow us to even easily accept one Blue eye & one Brown eye or even a missing eye or crossed eyes and/or a multitude of other variations or eye abnormalities.

What we do not ever expect to see is no eyes or rather complete blackness where the eyes should normally be.

That is something that is completely alien to our logical human thought processes and that is what may possibly trigger something akin to the ages old "flight or fight" response that is born into all of us since the dawn of Man.

So are they truly evil or do they just trigger a fear/panic response because we see something so unexpected that we are not able to reference it with anything typically thought of as human?

Well, when their pupil slits run vertically & their tongue has a fork, I'm guessin' my fear is more than primordial. You can stay to check your theory, I'm beatin' cheeks! I can be frightened, but I CAN NOT be frozen in panic. In fact, the more frightened I am, the faster I move! You can't hurt what you can't hit, much less catch.
    goldshellback and Doghandler like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, pretty good bet it's a duck ... and not a "phenomenon." Were any of the "kids" who acted like this involved in threatening someone and being subsequently stopped (or arrested), I'd bet that there would either be (a) something found toxicologically that explained the all-black appearance to the eyes, or (b) black-colored enhancements used by the person to give that effect.

Until then, I'll pass on the "being creeped" thing.

QK ... Yeah, man, you officially "suck." So did the guy when I was 10yrs old who told the campfire story of Old Mrs. Ratchet who got out her hatchet and ...
    QKShooter likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I am not absolutely certain that the Black Eyed Children are necessarily evil.

Since we were all little babies we constantly look at human faces and particularity the eyes.

We do that to instantly determine if that person is happy or sad or mad or serious or "deep in thought" and/or myriad of other things. The eyes reflect feelings and emotions and pain, loneliness, craziness, aggression, drug use...etc etc.

And so also everything in our common sense and ingrained memory expects to see Brown eyes or Blue eyes or Green eyes or Grey eyes etc.

Our respective minds allow us to even easily accept one Blue eye & one Brown eye or even a missing eye or crossed eyes and/or a multitude of other variations or eye abnormalities.

What we do not ever expect to see is no eyes or rather complete blackness where the eyes should normally be.

That is something that is completely alien to our logical human thought processes and that is what may possibly trigger something akin to the ages old "flight or fight" response that is born into all of us since the dawn of Man.

So are they truly evil or do they just trigger a fear/panic response because we see something so unexpected that we are not able to reference it with anything typically thought of as human?
    While I do agree with the line of thought and even contemplated the same things in the above quote, I do believe that even an atheist could sense pure evil. I'm fairly certain that the majority of posters on here have had at least one encounter with an individual that they felt "dread and panic" and sensed just pure evil, regardless of eye color and what the brain deems familiar. When one encounters such an individual (evil, in general, not specifically a BEC), the feeling of evil being present is bone deep and can't be mistaken or explained.

You just know.
    Rock and Glock and QKShooter like this.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I do believe that even an atheist could sense pure evil. You just know.
    I know EXACTLY what you mean, I get that feelin' around...Steelers Fans.

()

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I know EXACTLY what you mean, I get that feelin' around...Steelers Fans.

()
    Awww, c'mon man, we aren't all bad! Me being one, fine, upstanding example.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Awww, c'mon man, we aren't all bad! Me being one, fine, upstanding example.
    Reaaaalllly? Who'd have guessed THAT?

Just funnin' ya' cousin. Pennsylvanians invented the rifle that we Kentuckians made...famous!

Nope the little guys that come around here are REC's (Red Eyed Children)
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sumabitch,let's see we got regular ammo for Dirtbags,Zombie ammo for People eaters,but can't find any ammo specifically made for BEK's,I hope slugs will stop them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

New scary thoughts walking to hunting spots in NPE (BEC thanks QKShooter)

Good thing I do not have a double treestand. Sorry, no room for you at the inn!!

I will have an interesting walk in at 5:00 in the AM. Thx QKShooter!!!
    QKShooter likes this.

The eyes are the window to the soul. Or not. You decide.
    QKShooter likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links