New scary thoughts walking to hunting spots in NPE (BEC thanks QKShooter)

This is a discussion on New scary thoughts walking to hunting spots in NPE (BEC thanks QKShooter) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After reading random thoughts and QKShooters description of the BEC (black eyed children) I now will have more on my mind when walking in pre-dawn ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: New scary thoughts walking to hunting spots in NPE (BEC thanks QKShooter)

After reading random thoughts and QKShooters description of the BEC (black eyed children) I now will have more on my mind when walking in pre-dawn and walking out post-dusk to my hunting spots in NJ (a non-permissive environment). Believe it or not, they are 0.5 mile back in cedar swamp thickets.

Walking in in PA is more comforting with my Glock 20, but with NJ, all I have is a flashlight! But the deer opportunities are way better in NJ!!!

QKShooter, thanks for making my next month and a half more interesting!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Haha! Yeah, and my dog isn't getting any more walks after it starts to get dark either. Nope.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

mkh
    BEC?

Did I miss something?

mkh
    Ok. Did some reading on BEKs. Doubt I'll be getting any sleep tonight.

VIP Member
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna move to Alaska.
    At least for what, like six months the sun shines 24 hrs a day?

Qk, you suck man.
    Why you gotta go scarin' the members like dat?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Went out and checked my game cam card. Thank goodness no BEC pictures!!!
    oneshot, msgt/ret and thephanatik like this.

VIP Member
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
    "

Whec's soul is sealed and protected.

Yep...... Bravo Zulu QKShooter Way to bring out the sissy in me.....

Here's an intresting blog at mythbusters.com........... very long and full of researched accounts from the author. I found this while looking up Brian Bethel, the person noted as having the first known (internet) account posted anywhere on the web. (Yes grasshopper, I applied my google-fu to this.....)

I'd never heard of these BEK's until today....... now I find myself looking up diffrent stuff on 'em just to show my inner-sissy that it's an urban legend...

My inner-sissy is SUCH a bother sometimes but he ain't convinced this is just some hokey ghost-story either.....
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Administrator
    Well, on the bright side I have not seen one since and it was a decent while ago that the BEC incident happened.
    I would have called the whole BEC/BEK thing "hogwash" and vivid imagination had I not actually had that one encounter.

To this day though if there is a knock at the door I still only open the door about 4 inches at first and I always look at the face and will not swing open the door until I see the "whites" of those eyes.

The BEC are a mystery that I will always wonder about probably for the remainder of my years.

I am only hoping that I don't meet them on the other side. The BEC are one of the reasons why I try to live the good life to this very day.

Possibly THAT is their purpose?

I can say that when I saw that BEC - full black contact lenses had not been invented and for sure there were none of them in the boonies of PA being worn by children.

Possibly there are not many actual encounters posted on the WEB much further back than a decade ago because the WEB has not been in universal use for all that long. Couple that with the fact that some people are probably not talking about them.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I just got a feeling I get when I have face demonic spirits in ministry.

Just as a side note: (It's a little religious. But, fits)

Experience in the occult when I was younger and in deliverance & healing ministry over the last 20 years has proven to me beyond any doubt that evil & demon spirits are real. They can & do take on various forms; both human & animal.

In order for a demonic spirit to possess a person, they MUST be invited into that persons life. This can be done by the victim being fooled into asking them; or it can be done by our "Actions" in sin.

Though, I've been forgiven for my occult experiences in my youth, I still fight the evil spirits that wormed their way into my life back then. Thank God you were wise enough to see through their schemes QKShooter.

Oh yeah- "parts" of PA, OH, parts of Michigan & Wisconsin are KNOWN hot spots for evil occult activities.

Now back to your regularly schedule "topic" of discussion.

-

OK, now I am officially and totally creeped out! I have always enjoyed the night and it has never bothered me -- until now!!! I've never heard of BECs or BEKs before. This just made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Administrator
    Now I understand that there is going to be a movie released soon about the BEK. Now...I'm sorry that I even first brought it all up in the first place.
    I (for sure) don't think it's an "urban legend" like The Mad Butcher and The Ghost Of White Lady Road.
    I think it's an extremely odd phenomena that I witnessed first hand and is something that remains inexplicable to me still.
    The BEC are not something that I am fearful of but, I would like to understand exactly what I saw back then.
    But, getting back to the original post in this thread. I still camp and hit the woods alone in Pennsylvania and I am still here.
    I still love the night and sleeping under the stars away from the ambient light of the city.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

No, I think I'll still keep my love of the night intact....... the night is a cloak not just for BG's or evil, but DARNIT this is a intresting and somewhat scary 'thing'. I'm not at all sorry you 'randomly' posted it.

I rather enjoy your posts.
    Last edited by goldshellback; November 24th, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    QK, I'm glad you posted about your experience too. It's the first time I've ever heard of them. The probability is that NONE of us will ever have an experience like that but at least if we ever do, we now know not to let them in thanks to you!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links