Secession?

This is a discussion on Secession? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Brad426 Man, and people give Obama hell about the teleprompter. Cal, we're up here, dude. They had YouTube in 1924?! Who'd a ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Secession?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Man, and people give Obama hell about the teleprompter. Cal, we're up here, dude.
    They had YouTube in 1924?! Who'd a thunk!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Ok Hopyard,
    Under Article VI all treaties made under authority of the constitution are the law of the land, just as Texas v White is. So what is it about Texas v White that makes it any more binding than the over four hundred treaties made under authority of the constitution between the United States and the native peoples of North America?
    Why should the annexation of Texas be treated with any more respect than say the Treaty with the Cherokee of 1791?

The United States government has a long history of unilaterally changing or withdrawing from treaties. Under what legal theory is their ability to do so exclusive?

As far as an amendment goes, I would not be surprised to see one. Over thirty state legislatures have had sovereignty issues kicked around in the last couple of years.
    You know, it is clear from the totality of all your posts that you are a bit of a scholar, and I am certain you know the
    answers to your questions above at least as well as I do- Probably better than I do were you to apply your considerable
    talent answering them without being an advocate for a losing (to say nothing about the illegal part) cause.

I'm not going to tackle them because though I had hoped this thread could have some educational value,
    an endless dialog full of red herrings and diversions from settled issues seems pointless.

You want secession, convince 3/4th of the state legislatures its a good idea, after you first convince 2/3 of both
    houses of Congress as well.

Meanwhile I think you know better than to promote illegal acts, and you have already posted your agreement
    that Texas v White is the law of the land. So we don't have to argue that endlessly. I won't.
    Last edited by Hopyard; December 3rd, 2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: changed last sentence for clarity
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MyName1sMud View Post
    If I was any of you i wouldn't sign those petition on the website.

I'm sure that gets your name on a few lists.
    On the gun purchase form ( I can't remember the number) it asks "have you ever renounced your citizenship". Granted, once a secession has been actually completed the gun form may not longer exist. However, filling something out right now, regarding supporting potential secession, could be construed as renouncing ones citizenship?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    On the gun purchase form ( I can't remember the number) it asks "have you ever renounced your citizenship". Granted, once a secession has been actually completed the gun form may not longer exist. However, filling something out right now, regarding supporting potential secession, could be construed as renouncing ones citizenship?
    Heck no, you need an app for that, And there is probably a form. For sure: DS-4079
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links