What's coming up in the future.

This is a discussion on What's coming up in the future. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Several of my friends in the military stated that they are now training for dealing with protesters like what is going on in Gaza. Is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What's coming up in the future.

VIP Member

What's coming up in the future.

Several of my friends in the military stated that they are now training for dealing with protesters like what is going on in Gaza. Is our military going to be a police force and get in the middle of that mess. I think this is a bad move and the soldiers have a bad feeling about it too.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

2. Remove Ads

The army already does a lot of that.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Several of my friends in the military stated that they are now training for dealing with protesters like what is going on in Gaza. Is our military going to be a police force and get in the middle of that mess. I think this is a bad move and the soldiers have a bad feeling abt it too.
    I wonder if they are preparing for protests on this side of the Atlantic...

I trained for riot control in the late 80's when I was in the army, too. More so when I was in the national guard after I ETS'ed. I think it's more for home than abroad, though.
    Ksgunner likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I believe that the military is training for overseas incidents like that.

I would be far more concerned if our Department of Homeland Security morphs into a militarized national police force.

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” - Barack Hussein Obama July 2, 2008
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    “We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” - Barack Hussein Obama July 2, 2008
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

some heads above the sand some below, I think its for a foriegn country, OURS

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    No one seems to bring this statement up for discussion lately... Combined with the large ammo orders, which I tough were restocking but was told I was incorrect.. And maybe a picture begins to develop.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Obama's response to all of the succession petition be the suspension of Habias Corpus.

Senior Moderator
    I beleive that Obama will do exactly what he says he will do.

For those that dont pay attention...they will be suprised.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Welcome to the "new and improved" America.............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Remember this was all for our protection after 9-11. However Something changed somewhere along the way to where we are now.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

It will make you think of which law the soldiers will answer, unlawful orders or constitutional orders? Most say they will do as they are told.
    The way things are going in this country, I'm prob. a dead man or prisoner. I realy hope this is all a bad dream.
    RemMod597 likes this.

It could be a major conspiracy about secret government military training to suppress Americans.

More likely it's just routine training and/or a result of increased violent protests in a region where our military forces are operating.

Much like the other week when some people were stating "Ermagerd! Marines are training for house-to-house searches and combat! Obama gon' take our guns!". Obviously that's the case, rather than Marines doing routine training as they prepare to enter urban warzones...

No need for the tin foil hats in my opinion.
    wmhawth likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links