Helpless dreams

This is a discussion on Helpless dreams within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The only dreams I have had that are unusual enough to relate were those as I finished college, passed the CPA exam, and began my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Helpless dreams

The only dreams I have had that are unusual enough to relate were those as I finished college, passed the CPA exam, and began my life as an Internal Revenue Code slinger (e.g. a tax geek). I would have nightmares and argumenets in my sleep about the tax laws, and my wife can still recite some of the "Code" Sections I would recite. Sad, I know, but can you recite 368(a)(1)(B) in your sleep?

In general, for purposes of parts I and II and this part, the term “reorganization” means— (B) the acquisition by one corporation, in exchange solely for all or a part of its voting stock (or in exchange solely for all or a part of the voting stock of a corporation which is in control of the acquiring corporation), of stock of another corporation if, immediately after the acquisition, the acquiring corporation has control of such other corporation (whether or not such acquiring corporation had control immediately before the acquisition);
    Or how about this, huh?

In the case of a reorganization qualifying under paragraph (1)(B) or (1)(C) of subsection (a), if the stock exchanged for the stock or properties is stock of a corporation which is in control of the acquiring corporation, the term “a party to a reorganization” includes the corporation so controlling the acquiring corporation. In the case of a reorganization qualifying under paragraph (1)(A), (1)(B), or (1)(C), or (1)(G) of subsection (a) by reason of paragraph (2)(C) of subsection (a), the term “a party to a reorganization” includes the corporation controlling the corporation to which the acquired assets or stock are transferred. In the case of a reorganization qualifying under paragraph (1)(A) or (1)(G) of subsection (a) by reason of paragraph (2)(D) of that subsection, the term “a party to a reorganization” includes the controlling corporation referred to in such paragraph (2)(D). In the case of a reorganization qualifying under subsection (a)(1)(A) by reason of subsection (a)(2)(E), the term “party to a reorganization” includes the controlling corporation referred to in subsection (a)(2)(E).
    Exciting, eh?

Yea, I have dreams of hopelessness too, when I can't fix a reverse triangular merger using Barbados subsidiaries interposed with Liechtensteinian inverted partnerships and tied-off pairs of GmbH's owned by Chinese trusts.

Darn
    atctimmy, blitzburgh and Hopyard like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The only dreams I have had that are unusual enough to relate were those as I finished college, passed the CPA exam, and began my life as an Internal Revenue Code slinger (e.g. a tax geek). I would have nightmares and argumenets in my sleep about the tax laws, and my wife can still recite some of the "Code" Sections I would recite. Sad, I know, but can you recite 368(a)(1)(B) in your sleep?
    Your poor wife.
    Rock and Glock and Hopyard like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I must say, however, that I have become quite the bass ass in my sleep. :)
    So you're saying you dream of having a fish butt? : )
    limatunes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

Yea, I have dreams of hopelessness too, when I can't fix a reverse triangular merger using Barbados subsidiaries interposed with Liechtensteinian inverted partnerships and tied-off pairs of GmbH's owned by Chinese trusts.

Darn
    Don't mess with that Rock and Glock, I'd punt!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

My most stressful dreams are about tornadoes (yes, multiple) that are about to pass over. I am almost never in my own house, but rather in unfamiliar surroundings and also trying to protect others/explain the danger to them. I also have the occasional dream that people are surrounding the house about to break in at night. Recently, I had a dream that my husband was having an epileptic seizure, I woke up shaking from that one. (He doesn't have epilepsy, so I don't know the cause for that dream) Disturbing stuff.

NONE of my firearms have EVER worked in my dreams, just like my legs won't move when I have to run, and I can't get up if I'm on the ground.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    NONE of my firearms have EVER worked in my dreams, just like my legs won't move when I have to run, and I can't get up if I'm on the ground.
    I used to have dreams like this fairly frequently, but it had been years since I had one.... up until last night anyway.... right after checking out this thread. Weird.

In response to ATCtimmy and the fish butt question....What's the problem? At least it's watertight!
    atctimmy likes this.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Re: Helpless dreams

I used to always have dreams where I'd get into a fight and my arms would move in slow motion and none of my hits would do any damage whatsoever.

Sent from phone
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Your poor wife.
    She is a Saint. She learned to let it run its course, otherwise I'd take up the challenge and keep going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links