Does anyone else... - Page 2

Does anyone else...

This is a discussion on Does anyone else... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter I usually don't get to sleep until it's about 0 starting to get light 30 . I'm with you. I work ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Does anyone else...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I usually don't get to sleep until it's about 0 starting to get light 30.
    I'm with you. I work a ton of nights and midnights. That makes it even harder to turn it around and get up early.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I have been at it every day this week, and finally put one in the freezer today. I could go out tomorrow, but am going to take a pass. I'll go back out on the 15th.
    Watcha get?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I found one morning that the deer was waiting for me when I got up. Living in a mobile home, there is a turn-the-crank-to-open-it window in the bathroom, and during my first-of-the-morning ritual I chanced to look out. Sure enough, about 40 yards away was a good-sized deer turned sideways to me just like those hunting statues. So, naturally, I quietly retrieved the 20ga-with-slug, rested it on the windowsill, held my breath, and squeezed sloooooowly... and BOOM! Took it just back of the armpit. My first deer!

Problem was, I kinda forgot to wake my wife up before I took the shot. She was about eight feet from the muzzle, through a thin mobile home wall. She came to surprisingly quickly, actually. I didn't know she knew some of those words, either.

Just kidding: she has always been the perfect lady. And the perfect wife: she dressed the deer for me since I had to go to work. But I got some funny looks when I told people I shot a deer in my bathroom.
    atctimmy likes this.

Lead Moderator
    Yeah, I like evening hunts better anyway. It's not getting up that is bad, just the going. It into the cold from a warm bed.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'm with you. I work a ton of nights and midnights. That makes it even harder to turn it around and get up early.
    Watcha get?
    I got a nice three or four-year-old doe.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Ok, I didn't have to get up at O dark 30 to see a buck.

I was working, driving a work vehicle and rounded a bend on a country road headed towards my next stop and lo and behold, I saw a 4 pointer walking along side a young doe headed up into the woods after crossing the road.

Needless to say no firearms can be in our vehicles for "protection" or other. It's the first deer I have seen since late September.

***sigh****
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

A buddy of mine used to get us up before the chickens to be out on the water in the dark, waiting for the sun to come up so we could catch some fish. Then I found out that not only do the fish feed in the morning, but they also feed in the evening. I beat my buddy senseless and we started fishing in the afternoons.

VIP Member
    I'm also a fan of evening hunts. If I'm not going to see any deer, at least I didn't have to get up early to do it.

I swear I must reek of deer repellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links