Pilot, A&P, FAA certificates ..... need replaced .. time limit

This is a discussion on Pilot, A&P, FAA certificates ..... need replaced .. time limit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; this applies to anyone with any pilot's license, A&P's, mechanics, air traffic control certificates, instructor certifications, etc. FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MJK
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Pilot, A&P, FAA certificates ..... need replaced .. time limit

this applies to anyone with any pilot's license, A&P's, mechanics, air traffic control certificates, instructor certifications, etc.

FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education Correction: Paper Pilot Certificates
    Notice Number: NOTC4466

Oops! We made a mistake in a recent Notice. Here is the revised Notice.

If you have already replaced your paper pilot certificate, then this message is not for you. On the other hand, if your pilot certificate is still printed on paper, please read carefully.
    The FAA is under a mandate to replace all paper certificates with plastic certificates. In fact, paper pilot certificates have already expired! If you are a mechanic, on the other hand, and do not replace your paper certificate on or before March 31, 2013, you will no longer be able to exercise your privileges!
    All certificated Airmen, including mechanics, repairmen, pilots, etc., are required to replace their paper copy with a plastic copy, or they will no longer be able to exercise the privileges of that certificate.

The best way to get a new replacement certificate is to follow the instructions at http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certific...e_replacement/.

The replacement cost is $2.00, unless you still have your Social Security Number on your certificate and you ask to have it removed.
    Avoid the Rush! Apply today!
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Does that include military or just civilians?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

MJK
    I replaced my old paper pilot's license last year with the new version. Believe it or not...the process was relatively painless!
    grav likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Website doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Does that include military or just civilians?
    The FAA does not govern military pilots. This is for FAA-certificated pilots only. (If you are a military pilot but also hold a civilian FAA certificate, this DOES apply to those FAA certificates.)
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

What if I fly onea those little remote control helicopters
    sdprof likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Re: Pilot, A&P, FAA certificates ..... need replaced .. time limit

Thanks for posting this. I was completely unaware... I guess I need me a plastic private license SEL/VFR.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    The FAA is doing all kinds of goofy stuff when it comes to credentialing. I live it every day. : (

This site should work. I got mine years ago. It was free because my old one still had my SS number on it. Good luck.
    Airmen Certification - Replace an Airmen Certificate

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    The FAA is doing all kinds of goofy stuff when it comes to credentialing. I live it every day. : (
    Ya mean like now requiring me to "register" my experimental every 2 or 3 years to make sure my address is current, even though the regs already say I must update it if I move? Just gives them a reason to collect $5 and piss me off.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Sponsored Links